Nuendo cost vs. DP

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
shproductions03
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Nuendo cost vs. DP

Post by shproductions03 »

I keep meeting people that tell me they have no stolen software and that is wrong (I have paid for all of mine). But then I see them run a little studio with Behringer gear out of there basement and they have Nuendo as there DAW, I don't think so at 2,500 bucks a pop. Get real.
buddhabelly
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by buddhabelly »

Maybe after the $$$ for Nuendo, all they could afford is Berhinger!! :wink: :wink:

It's simple. Just look around for the dongle. Dead giveaway.
Jidis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Jidis »

Hey, I've got a Behringer piece here, and I've got something like four different Nuendo dongles total, and a TimeBandit one. 8)

Seriously though, it does suck. :cry:

The worst part is, that 99% of the stuff those people need and use it for, are available in some of the lower versions of CubaseSX, and would even look the same now. I guess if it's "free", you may as well go for "top of the line".

FWIW, I didn't think the 'street' price on it was that high, but I could be wrong (thought it was in the 1200 to 1500 range, but maybe not?). I've been running it since v.1 and have only dealt with upgrades.

George

PS- I remember seeing a website once, with someone's studio rates and system/equipment specs on it, where they had "Nuendo H2O" listed, like it was a version number or something. :lol:
kelldammit
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by kelldammit »

i think nuendo 1 and 2 were around 12-1500. the new version i see for around $2k. samp pro i think was around $1200.
i couldn't believe dp's full price...but then again, we get no built-in convolution reverb...

:(
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
ASUS 2.5ghz i7 laptop, 32Gb RAM, win10 x64, RME Babyface, Akai MPK-61, Some Plugins, Guitars and Stuff, Lava Lamps.