Is it just me, or does DP5 sound better?

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

gearboy wrote:I just downloaded DP5 off of Limewire. Can someone send me a PDF version of the manual? I can't figure out how to Rewire Fruity Loops into a MIDI track.
Want to buy my 4.5 manual? PayPal me $50,000 US (plus 4.95 shipping and handling) and it's your dude!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

mhschmieder wrote:Man, hand it to those guys at MOTU! Who woulda thunk you could jury-rig an old Sears electronic typewriter to the USB port and download DP5? Now I can make use of all those special tabbing characters that are missing from most computers!
Yeah, but where you gonna find a ribbon controller for that old thing?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
chrispick
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by chrispick »

gearboy wrote:I can't figure out how to Rewire Fruity Loops into a MIDI track.
You use a Compact Flash card. And some chalk (so it doesn't stick).
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

sevenone wrote:Im having a problem installing my DP5 upgrade, you see there was a fire recently and my manual burned...only the manual, now i dont have a serial number. The PDF manual that came with the new version didnt have the number in it. Can someone help me out?

Oh, yeah....quicker..snappier, better sound especially on my octocore Intel/sub atomic G8. but im haveing an issue with VI's can someone help?
Hold down the option key while you're booting the PDF manual that came with DP 5.0, then as soon as it opens, click inside the O in MOTU on the cover. It's an easter egg, and it will reveal your serial number. I just happened to notice that while I was opening the new PDF manual that came with version 5.1. Oh, be sure you're using 5.1. If you try that with version 5.0 it causes a bug that destroys your manual.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
gtrnstuff

Post by gtrnstuff »

Jaysplace101 wrote:I heard that it runs on X-box and Game cube.... But it will NOT run on playstation.
Hey jaysplace101--glad to see you carved out a little bit of time to have fun. That endless arranging and mixing gets to be a drag.
iMAS

Post by iMAS »

Jaysplace101 wrote:I heard that it runs on X-box and Game cube.... But it will NOT run on playstation.
I don't know about playstation...but it runs on my 8-bit Nintendo just fine.
The only problem is, everytime it crashes...it says "Game Over" and I have to start the arrangement or mix all over again from the very beginning (or the first level)....kinda like Super Mario Brothers....and if I finish the mix w/out a game over...I save the princess also.
Last edited by iMAS on Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikebeckmotu

Post by mikebeckmotu »

Found a cool workaround. Put the DP 4.5 installer disk in the computer and don't install the 4 or the decimal. Instant version 5!
8-core i9 MacBookPro 16-inch, 16gb ram, Catalina, Focusrite Scarlett 18i8, DP not installed yet
chrispick

Post by chrispick »

iMAS wrote:
I don't know about playstation...but it runs on my 8-bit Nintendo just fine.
The only problem is, everytime it crashes...it says "Game Over" and I have to start the arrangement or mix all over again from the very beginning (or the first level)....kinda like Super Mario Brothers.
Super Marios Bros.! Now that's a kickass tune, yo!

But seriously, there'll be a DP PS Boot Camp come May.
bone.china

Post by bone.china »

It doesn't seem snappier to me and the sound isn't much better either, but the six new virtual instruments? Well! :shock: let me tell you, Kontakt 2, Guitar Rig 2, Reaktor 5, Intakt, Stylus RMX and GURU rock!!! I can't say enough about MOTU's innovation as far as these new VIs go. Boy, what a way to show up Logic 7, huh? And the best part about the deal is that I got DP 5 off of eBay for 50% off!!! :D Don't you luv it! 8)
Last edited by bone.china on Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imagination is the source of creativity.
Jaysplace101

Post by Jaysplace101 »

gtrnstuff wrote:
Hey jaysplace101--glad to see you carved out a little bit of time to have fun. That endless arranging and mixing gets to be a drag.
Thanks Paul! I can't believe I started this crazyness, but it's stinkin' hilarious!... and it keeps us all occupied until the real deal arrives.... not that I don't already have the real deal running on my palm pilot!

Shooshie, it's actually a easter bunny if you're uploading to a palm OS.

j
waxman

Post by waxman »

If you break off the dongle on the commodore 64 and disconnect the sequential circuits MIDI sequencer 3 times without rebooting it will load DP 5. The only thing is you have to call motu for the serial #. If that doesn't work take it to the tech at Guitar Center they know everything.
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
iMAS

Post by iMAS »

I don't know if it's too early for speculations...but what's DP 6.66 going to be like ? :twisted:
The Sound

Re: DP 5, Must be a Universal Binary app?(Can run on Intel M

Post by The Sound »

Umbrella wrote:
DP5 won't be released as UB until 2nd quarter '06.
I thought this was Q2 06
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Newsflash! Microsoft has just released a beta program that will allow BASIC and Windows Vista to dual boot on a Timex-Sinclair, thus enabling Bootcamp to run Universal Binary-provided you do the 14k upgrade.
828x MacOS 13.6.7 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.32
regime

dp5 SERIAL

Post by regime »

Here is the serial for dp5 enjoy "It Rocks"
DP500-XXXXXXXXXXX

Your Welcomejavascript:emoticon('8)')