Play at Half-Speed

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Play at Half-Speed

Post by JSmith1234567 »

I was searching for this and never knew it existed!

Wanted to play at half-speed to catch some "s's" with a de-esser and found this in an old thread.

Maybe the rest of DP-World except for me alreadyknows this, but for me it's a new revelation, and I thought I'd share it.

And many thanks to Phil O whoever your are!

Phil O wrote:
On the left of the transport control are the fast forward and slow forward buttons. If you hit Play, then Pause, then Slow Forward - then Pause again,the transport will play at the slow forward speed. Hitting stop (for some reason) at this point does not reset the transport to normal speed (I don't know why). You must hit Fast Forward or Slow Forward again to set the transport back to regular speed. I don't know if this is what's going on with your project, but it's worth checking out. You may have inadvertently hit the Slow button (or keypad 6) at some point while paused.

Phil
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.31, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro, Tanqueray or Bombay Sapphire.
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Play at Half-Speed

Post by stubbsonic »

Thanks for mentioning this. I've always used it in non-pause mode-- so this will be fun to try.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com