Microbook iic audio IOS IPAD

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
Carioca10
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Microbook iic audio IOS IPAD

Post by Carioca10 »

Hello,

Ive just purchased what I toought was a great addition to my mobile setup due to the physical size, audio ins and outs, that been MOTU MICROBOOK iiC, now if I only get audio out woul be awesome! Can some direct me here? Ive connected the Microbook iiC to the IPad Pro, I can see the options for audio in and out within AUM, also; the audio in and out monitoring lights are on while playing a synth, but no audio out, what could be wrong here?

Thanks,
mikehalloran

Re: Microbook iic audio IOS IPAD

Post by mikehalloran »

It's CoreAudio Class Compliant — translated, it should just work.

Step one is to see if you can get it working with GarageBand. This will tell you if it's you (a setting that you need to check etc.) or the unit. It might work the second you plug it in. Engage MOTU Support if necessary (you have registered it, right?). Since GB is part of the iPadOS, they will know.

Once it's working, then you can figure out what's going on in AUM.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Carioca10

Post by Carioca10 »

Thanks for your reply. I was able to contact MOTU support and I was told the the device firmware needs to be updated.

PS: I did follow your guide and and it did work, although it was stuttering , according to MOTU support it’s the firmware.

I’m wondering if this is indeed the best device (compact, 4 ins and 2 outs) I need

Thanks!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Carioca10 wrote:Thanks for your reply. I was able to contact MOTU support and I was told the the device firmware needs to be updated.
Is that something you can do yourself by downloading a utility that updates it?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Carioca10

Post by Carioca10 »

Yes, thanks. I have updated the firmware, although did not access the CUEMIX software, Ill try later tonight to se if works.

Thanks,
baikul

Post by baikul »

How did you update the firmware of your Microbook IIc?