Projects with "extra measures"?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Projects with "extra measures"?

Post by FMiguelez »

Hi.

I'd never seen this. Suddenly, one of the DP projects I'm working on shows me a message at startup claiming there are incomplete/extra measures. It offers to fix them, to which I click yes, but every time I open it the same thing happens. I've looked for those measures myself, but I haven't found them and seriously doubt they exist.

I've been doing extensive importing of MIDI files and tempo-mapping via Tap Tempo (which I'm astounded by how well it works) and Record Beats. I don't know if somewhere along the way something happened in a Conductor Track that is causing this.

So it seems DP can't fix those measures it claims it sees. Also, it would be nice and useful if it actually informed us (via a PDF) where those measures are exactly, so we could fix them ourselves.

Has anyone ever encountered this?
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
cuttime

Re: Projects with "extra measures"?

Post by cuttime »

I seem to recall DP getting tripped up on empty MIDI tracks. Perhaps something in this thread could be of use?

viewtopic.php?p=595594&hilit=Empty+tracks#p595594
828x MacOS 13.6.7 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

cuttime wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:44 am I seem to recall DP getting tripped up on empty MIDI tracks. Perhaps something in this thread could be of use?

viewtopic.php?p=595594&hilit=Empty+tracks#p595594
Thank you for the link, cuttime!

I went through it. I checked the project but I don't see anything missing or strange in event tracks, as that topic suggests.

I'm a little worried about it not opening or loading any more due to the anomaly. Perhaps I should start a new project and load everything from there to prevent it... I have too many chunks in there already.

BTW, there are now new chunk folders featuring in DP11, yes? Do they work as expected? That seems like one good reason to upgrade from 9.52...
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
frankf

Post by frankf »

Hey Miguel, Did you try to shorten the overall Chunk length to only what you’re using? Setting in the Chunk window. It has helped me in the past.
Frank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

You might try editing the conductor track's time-signatures. By that, I mean, doing something like deleting the time-signature, then replacing it with the same time-sig--- I'm thinking that'll give DP a chance to reconcile in whatever way it does.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
FMiguelez

Re: Projects with

Post by FMiguelez »

frankf wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:24 pm Hey Miguel, Did you try to shorten the overall Chunk length to only what you’re using? Setting in the Chunk window. It has helped me in the past.
Frank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hi, Frank. Now that you mention it, that might explain why this issue has been intermittent!

I keep changing the chunks lengths manually (the components of the whole thing in Song mode), and that's when it gets temporarily fixed, until I do a Tap Tempo thing, and next time it will give me the same message; then I change something and next time it doesn't show it.

Since it doesn't seem to affect anything, now I just ignore it since it can't fix it despite the offer to do it.

FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

stubbsonic wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:00 am You might try editing the conductor track's time-signatures. By that, I mean, doing something like deleting the time-signature, then replacing it with the same time-sig--- I'm thinking that'll give DP a chance to reconcile in whatever way it does.
Hi, Stubbs.
That just reminded me of a related DP shortcoming I just discovered I wanted to talk about. I'll make a new thread about it.

I think the issue is between what you mentioned here and what Frank said above. One of the two things fixes the extra-measure message to not appear anymore, but since I've done both things each time (modify time sigs and chunk length), I can't tell which one is the temporary fixer for sure.