Middle C is missing

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
faonfaon
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Middle C is missing

Post by faonfaon »

Hi,

I am working on an orchestration. I recorded all the notes and then when I listen to all the tracks, the note C (middle) is missing.
I can record and hear it. When I play it on my piano, I can hear. I even can play it on the keyboard of Kontakt with the mouse.

Do you have an idea ?

Thanks

DP11 on Mac
Mac mini 32 GB Ram - OS X Monterey 12.4 - Digital Performer 11.2 - Apollo Twin - VSL - Ivory II - Drumcore 4 - Appassionata Strings - Synful - Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 - Vienna Mir Pro - Special Edition - Konzerthaus Orgel - Pianoteq 7 - Chamber Strings - Solo Strings - Symphonic Choirs - Pettinhouse Guitars - Notion 6 - BBC Symphony Orchestra Pro from Spitfire Audio
Tritonemusic

Re: Middle C is missing

Post by Tritonemusic »

See if you might have assigned that key to a MIDI command, somehow. You can check that in the Commands window. Take a look at the thread below:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=65394
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
faonfaon

Post by faonfaon »

Thank you tritonemusic. 😂

No, I have nothing in Commands.

I have Kontakt instances and some Vienna Instruments.
One Vienna can play the C and not other ones.
And Kontakt doesn’t play the C.
Don’t know how to do ....
Mac mini 32 GB Ram - OS X Monterey 12.4 - Digital Performer 11.2 - Apollo Twin - VSL - Ivory II - Drumcore 4 - Appassionata Strings - Synful - Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 - Vienna Mir Pro - Special Edition - Konzerthaus Orgel - Pianoteq 7 - Chamber Strings - Solo Strings - Symphonic Choirs - Pettinhouse Guitars - Notion 6 - BBC Symphony Orchestra Pro from Spitfire Audio
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Trintonemusic's suggestion concerns the issue that has tripped up many a DP user. I can't recall any other cause for the problem you describe, and would encourage you to try turning OFF the Master Master in Commands, then testing. If the problem remains, you've found a new issue, one that has not cropped up for any others of which I am aware under DP10.

If the issue continues, you could reach out to MOTU via a TechLink. I hope you are able to quickly resolve this... good luck!
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 14.5 • DP 11.31
faonfaon

Post by faonfaon »

Thank you Markus,

What I noticed is that I have no problems when I open another song.
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

faonfaon wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:42 am Thank you Markus,

What I noticed is that I have no problems when I open another song.
Have you tried Loading the problematic project into a new project?
faonfaon

Post by faonfaon »

I just find the problem.

The articulations map IS the problem !
Now I change the articulations of Cinematic Studio Strings inside of the instance of Kontakt not using the articulations map !

Thanks for your help !
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Following...not sure I understand what's going on. Is this a bug or a feature? I recall some other posts about articulation maps getting confused about C3.
828x MacOS 13.6.7 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

faonfaon wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:53 am I just find the problem.

The articulations map IS the problem !
Now I change the articulations of Cinematic Studio Strings inside of the instance of Kontakt not using the articulations map !

Thanks for your help !
I looked at your signature and saw DP10.13; just saw you stated DP11 in your first post... looks like we have a new potential issue to be aware of when using the latest version of DP!
faonfaon

Post by faonfaon »

Ok Markus, I changed the version of DP in my signature. :D

I didn't know there was a problem with articulation map and C3. I have made my own experience.
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Do you have Middle C set to C4, perhaps? (In the DP Preferences>Display>Data Display>Alternate Pitch) I think this is what can confuse the Articulation Maps. I know I'm not hallucinating the post, but I just can't find it.
828x MacOS 13.6.7 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
faonfaon

Post by faonfaon »

Wah ! Thank you Cuttime, I will try that tomorrow.
faonfaon

Post by faonfaon »

I just bought the Babylonwaves Articulation Map and the problem is solved.

Thank you
syntonica

Post by syntonica »

I was going to say that this sounds like the work of Carmen San Diego! But, it looks like you got it sorted... :D