Catalina compatible drivers posted

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
fuzzylogic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Catalina compatible drivers posted

Post by fuzzylogic »

Nicolas Tochet wrote:Hello,

I did the Catalina update without paying attention to the possible problems of drivers. I use a MOTU ultralite MK3.

I read the recommendations (too late) and as I make a DJ set friday, I began to consider the downgrade... but I tested and in Ableton Live, the card is recognized and works !

(and this is not a recommendation to make the update, just for the dumb ones like me do some tests before making strong decisions :) )
Did you try it on firewire?
papageno

Post by papageno »

I can also verify that my good old firewire interface UltraLite mk3 works with 10.15.1.
CueMix does not come with the new installer and the old installed app is 32-bit so that is gone now.
CueMix features are of course available from UltraLite mk3 front panel but if anyone really would need those features then do not upgrade to Catalina. Dialing those knobs on the front panel is not too handy.
I am using the interface with MacBook Pro 11,3 (with Apple Thunderbolt2 to Firewire adapter) and all is well now.

I had an issue how to route audio from Wallander's NotePerformer plugin (hosted in Finale) to UL mk3 multiple audio outputs simultaneously. Ended up using Apple's AUNetSend & AUNetReceive plugins and Plogue Bidule as mixer. This setup still works in Catalina.
+372 56222285
francesco

Post by francesco »

Does this mean that if I upgrade to Catalina, my Track16 is recognized by LogicPro? Even without the drivers?

tks
papageno

Post by papageno »

francesco wrote:Does this mean that if I upgrade to Catalina, my Track16 is recognized by LogicPro? Even without the drivers?

tks
No.
+372 56222285
francesco

Post by francesco »

papageno wrote: No.

Why not? Is UltraLite mk3 different from track16? it is always hybrid

tks
papageno

Post by papageno »

francesco wrote:
papageno wrote: No.

Why not? Is UltraLite mk3 different from track16? it is always hybrid

tks
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66887&p=568206#p568204
+372 56222285
Garma

Post by Garma »

Hy Everyone
I am about to upgrade to Catalina as I would like to use the latest versions of Logic Pro. I have an MTP AV and the question is: It will still work without problems with Catalina? Is there still a working driver to make it work in this OS? Or should I get rid of it?
Any advice is welcome, Thank you!