Is this possible? repeat with alt endings

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mikeharper
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Is this possible? repeat with alt endings

Post by mikeharper »

Doing some education videos. In the score page can you repeat a section then skip the last measure and go to an alternative measure? (common in piano music). IE:
MM 1-8 then repeat MM 1-7 jump to MM 9.
looked in the docs but don't see it.
Thanks Mike
DP10
Asus 490a, Win 10 pro,
Intel Core i7-10700K Comet Lake 8-Core 3.8 GHz LGA 1200
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2280 Audio & sample drives
16G ram. MOTU 8A USB3-Thunderbolt
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Is this possible? repeat with alt endings

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Are you referring to sequencing in DP? If so, you probably want to use SONG mode. You can't set repeats like that in the sequencer AFAIK, but you can set the components of the entire piece in sone mode and just pu them in the order you want them to playback.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by stubbsonic »

In the QuickScribe part/score editor, there is an ARRANGEMENT PALETTE, and it will require you to be editing in "Show Arranged Score..." mode.

There is an "ending tool" which can be dragged across multiple measures. To change the ending number, you have to switch to the Arrow tool, and click on the number to retype a different value than "1". As far as I know, the navigational marks have no affect on playback.

I've used DP's quickscribe pretty extensively. Sometimes ties are so small as to be barely visible. Staff lines are too thin. There is no way to adjust measure spacing on a line by line basis. And articulation marks are absent. Generally, the QS engine interprets rhythms pretty well, but if it doesn't, you have to "trick" DP into displaying it right.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
mikeharper
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by mikeharper »

Thanks sounds like the arrangement pallets is what I am looking for yes i want to display traditional staffs
DP10
Asus 490a, Win 10 pro,
Intel Core i7-10700K Comet Lake 8-Core 3.8 GHz LGA 1200
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2280 Audio & sample drives
16G ram. MOTU 8A USB3-Thunderbolt