Help Uninstalling DP 10 (Demo)

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
notnewtodp
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Help Uninstalling DP 10 (Demo)

Post by notnewtodp »

I'm pretty down on my luck right now, my main machine is out for the count and I'm confined to an old-ish Windows laptop for the time being. I wanted to try out some of the new features in DP 10, but the program wasn't starting so I was going to reinstall. However, despite having deleted every MOTU-related folder I could find, whenever I try to install it immediately goes to "Setup Completed." For some reason, the installer seems to think the software is already installed...

Can anyone help me with out? Maybe give me a list of directories DP installs to? Unfortunately the website only lists the MacOS directories as far as I can see.
CharlzS
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Help Uninstalling DP 10 (Demo)

Post by CharlzS »

If DP 10 is listed in Programs and Features, initiate an uninstall/change from there. If it asks you to locate the installer, find and select the DP 10 installer you downloaded. If you uninstalled, then you should be able to reinstall. If you repaired, you should be good to go. Hope that helps.

I too am not new to DP or this forum. Rejoined for DP 10. Old registered email no loger valid - it’s been a very long time since post.
DP 11.31 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Help Uninstalling DP 10 (Demo)

Post by terrybritton »

Just saw this post today about some mysterious preferences folders that were mucking up the works for some.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=66078#p561955

Might help on several levels.

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools