Could Someone Explain Multi Bounce Operation?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
oceantracks
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Could Someone Explain Multi Bounce Operation?

Post by oceantracks »

I have read the manual but am still confused.

I usually do 3 mixes of a given song. Lead Vocal, Back vocals only, and instrumental.

I thought I could somehow save each of these and then choose Multi Bounce and DP would just bounce all 3 of them. I can't figure out how to do this at all. The first bounce you go to "save" for later automatically seems to bounce to disk. Then I'm not sure how to proceed.

Any help really appreciated!

Tom
OldTimey
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Could Someone Explain Multi Bounce Operation?

Post by OldTimey »

Multibounce is not the most useful feature imho. You have to check a few boxes when bouncing the first time to create a bounce "preset". After that you can utilize that preset in a multibounce. You'll want three different chunks for your different mixes.

You may find that routing audio through auxes/busses and using sends to print your three mixes in realtime to three different stereo tracks in one pass might be a faster way to work. At least for short songs.
why would i want to skin a cat?