Instrument not visible

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
31flies
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Instrument not visible

Post by 31flies »

Hey All,

I'm running DP 9.51 on OS X 10.11.6 and I must have inadvertently clicked something because when I double click on MachFive3 the instrument won't come up. I have one MIDI track already assigned in MachFive3 and when I arm the track I can hear the piano, but I need the instrument to appear so I can designate other instruments. Any ideas on what I've done?

Thanks
31flies

Re: Instrument not visible

Post by 31flies »

P.S.

If I open a different DP file MachFive3 opens fine, which is why I think I clicked something.

Thanks
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Could it be in a vrack? Go to the mixer. If the vi isn’t showing, click the v in the bottom left of the mixer.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
31flies

Post by 31flies »

Thanks MIDI,

Yes, it shows in the mixer. Still no luck.
MIDI Life Crisis

And double clicking on it does nothing? How about stand alone?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
31flies

Post by 31flies »

Sorry to waste your time, I'm officially a dope.

I apparently did something that pushed the VI's into my second monitor, which is asleep, so every time I tried to double-click and open it was opening on the dark monitor.

Wow.
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

You're no dope, that probably happens all the time to PHD's (sitting having smart drinks at a genius bar).

Last night I was bummed out because ALL the sound on my phone just stopped ( no metronomes, no streaming, no nuthin'). Then I saw something that mentioned "Do no disturb" functions. Forehead slap. I set up a do not disturb rule then quickly forgot all about it.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
MIDI Life Crisis

More than once I've passed the first instruction: Is it plugged in? LOL I have three monitors as well and have lost stuff. Better Snap Tool ($3) allows me to set up a simple command (ctl-opt-cmd-c, in my case) to move windows from screen to screen. So if I KNOW a window should be open but might be on a monitor that's turned off, I just hit the key command and it will appear in the monitor that's turned on. If it moves to the second monitor that's turned off, I hit the command again and the window usually pops into view. Very nifty. The app does a ton more than that, and I have a few other things programmed, but I digress...
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Another: Moved the window off screen, and the only way to see it is to change screen resolutions.
828x MacOS 13.6.7 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.32
31flies

Post by 31flies »

Thanks for the tip on that app, MIDI, that sounds cool.
MIDI Life Crisis

31flies wrote:Thanks for the tip on that app, MIDI, that sounds cool.
It can make things move a lot quicker when you have only you main monitor on. What sometimes will happen is an app (usually MAIL) will be full screen on shut down, but then revert to a dark monitor full screen. I'll call up the program (Keyboard Maestro is essential, BTW) and have a blank main monitor. So I'll hit cmd-ctl-F to get out of full screen, use a command in Better Touch Tool to then move from the blank screen to the main monitor, then hit cmd-ctl-F to put it back into full screen on the main monitor. All in about 4 seconds without having to turn on the other monitors.

The older I get, the more import time becomes.... duh!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS