Scroll to track for Control Surface?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rockman413
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Scroll to track for Control Surface?

Post by rockman413 »

Hi there,
I'm using mackie control surface in HUI mode (as I'm also controling Pro Tools).
It also controls DP, great.
But is there a function that when I right click on a track and choose something like I did in PT, it will let the control surface go to that track, so I don't have to click the move up channels on it too many times?

By the way, is there a way to show which 8 tracks it is currently controlling in DP tracks or mixing view?

Thank you
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
rockman413

Re: Scroll to track for Control Surface?

Post by rockman413 »

Anybody know this?
waxman

Post by waxman »

DP does not send show hide track info under Mackie Protocol so I assume its the same in HUI... that is one of the requests recently made to MOTU. PT does it no problem. DP does it in their gui but not controllers.

Selecting a track works but to select a group of tracks and only see those tracks in the mixer is not possible in DP. DP should do this. It's not a difficult fix. I use Slate Ravens and it would be wonderful to group drums, vocals, guitars, keys, synths etc... and only see those faders when selected. Banking works but is clunky and invariably runs over to the next bank so it's single channel scroll to get it right. It was the same with the Mackie MCU controllers with ext... lame...
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
rockman413

Post by rockman413 »

waxman wrote:DP does not send show hide track info under Mackie Protocol so I assume its the same in HUI... that is one of the requests recently made to MOTU. PT does it no problem. DP does it in their gui but not controllers.

Selecting a track works but to select a group of tracks and only see those tracks in the mixer is not possible in DP. DP should do this. It's not a difficult fix. I use Slate Ravens and it would be wonderful to group drums, vocals, guitars, keys, synths etc... and only see those faders when selected. Banking works but is clunky and invariably runs over to the next bank so it's single channel scroll to get it right. It was the same with the Mackie MCU controllers with ext... lame...
Selecting a track works
Can you select a track in DP and have MCU jump to control that track?
waxman

Post by waxman »

Yes... select works. I use Raven now not the MCU. But by jump do you mean move up and bank and show that channel then no the MCU won't do that. But if you highlight a channel I think the MCU sees it but I don't see the benefits. MCU has the controls per channel strip regardless of selecting it on the DAW.
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.