CueMix Help

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
FallenStar17
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

CueMix Help

Post by FallenStar17 »

I set my cuemix mixer settings so they work with my studio and saved the preset. But when i restart my computer the settings clear and cuemix goes back to some type of default mixer setup or something. This means every time i start up my computer i have to open the cuemix mixer and load the preset i saved. Is there some way that cuemix will open with the preset setting everytime i open the computer rather than this default setting. I have a pc by the way. Please respond if anyone knows of a solution......
Klaus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: CueMix Help

Post by Klaus »

Cuemix is even broken on a mac...

Klaus
Bill Hively

Post by Bill Hively »

Klaus knows what he's saying. CueMix just doesn't work, at least on the 896HD. I need to use the unit in the field, and have had success setting it up this way. (Sorry, this is a copy of a post on another thread, but I don't know what URL to insert to get you there.)

Here is the only thing I can do with Cuemix and the 896HD. On my fourth conversation with MOTU's tech desk, they suggested this: Plug in the IEEE1394 cable, boot up Cuemix, set the settings manually (you can set all 4 buses), then do not save, do not load, do nothing but unplug the unit--Firewire cable first, then power down. The 896's internal "memory" does not save presets. The driver doesn't really save anything on your PC either. WYSIWYG. Make darn sure (as someone else has suggested) everything works in the studio first if you're taking the unit into the field. This works for me every time. Good luck. Let me know if you have any success with this approach.
Bill Hively
First Lutheran Church
New Britain CT
P4 1.8GHz, 512MB RAM, Win2KPro, Sound Forge 8.0.2, CDArchitect 5.2, CWHS 2004, ADAT-XT, 896HD, Presonus Firestation, K2000R w/samp
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

Well I can save into the presets of the 896HD, and recall a preset works too, also can I save a CueMix file on the mac, but opening this CueMix file will not give the saved status...
Best

Klaus

<small>[ December 30, 2004, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: Klaus ]</small>
JonS
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by JonS »

This had been bothering me as well since I changed the way I had everything connected up to my 2408 mkII, and the default settings in Cuemix no longer made much sense. I seem to have just stumbled upon the solution though :D (for those using a 2408 mkII and PCI 324 card anyway):

Open the PCI-324 Console, change the buffer size.
Open the Cuemix Console, change the settings to those you would like as default.
Close Cuemix.
Close the PCI-324 Console.
Reboot.

The Cuemix default should now be your preferred setup.

I am using the drivers for Windows XP released on 26th March 2002, as I found multitrack recording impossible with the current drivers. MOTU should really at least be offering the older drivers as an alternate download - it took me a while to find the problem, and download the 03-26-02 drivers (from http://www.cheap-tracks.com/misc/old_mo ... _26_02.zip).