DP 8 Not show video

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
tofermusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 8 Not show video

Post by tofermusic »

Hi guys!

first, excuse my english, I dont not speak in english.

I working in dp 7.24 perfectly. but I have a problem with dp 8 (all versions). dp 8 not show video!!!! I've tried all solutions that I know . Please help me!! (I'm desperate).

(Dp 7 and previous, show video correctly)

Thanks!!
Kubi

Re: DP 8 Not show video

Post by Kubi »

Sorry, nobody will be able to help you without more information.

What Mac and what OS are you running? What format video? How are you displaying the video (via FW output, on a normal computer screen, etc.)? Have you tried different video files? How did you open the video file in DP7, and how are you doing it in DP8? Have you tried a test project, creating a new DP8 project and opening a video file for it? If you're opening an old DP7 project, have you tried completely closing the video (having DP8 "forget" it) and then re-opening it?

DP8 is working here with video just fine.

Please post more info, then maybe people will be able to help? Good luck!
Kubi
---------------------------------------------------
Kubilay Uner
http://kubilayuner.com
MacPro 2x2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 20GB RAM; OS 10.9.5; DP9.01; MOTU 2408mk3 & MIDI Express 128 w/latest drivers
stephentayler

Post by stephentayler »

yes I wonder if you have an older machine? I have never been able to use video with DP8 (any version) on my old MacBook Pro - see this thread - it just does not display properly….

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=51430

SWT
Stephen W Tayler: Sound Artist
http://www.chimera-arts.com
http://ostinatomusic.com
http://stephentayler.com

Mac Pro 16Gb RAM, OSX 10.10, DP 8, PT 11, Logic 9.1.8, MOTU Traveler, Ultralite Mk 3 Hybrid, MC MIx, MOTU VIs, Waves, Izotope Everything, Spectrasonics, SoundToys, Slate, Softube, NI , spl Surround Monitor Controller, spl Auditor Headphone amp, Genelec 1031A, 1029 5.1 system, Sontronics Mics, iPad etc..
tofermusic

Post by tofermusic »

Hi Stephentayler.

I've a macbook pro 2012.the problem is that the video is in black, but the audio works perfectly :/.

Thanks a lot
tofermusic

Post by tofermusic »

Hi Kubi

I have created a session in DP 8 with video (the audio of the video if it works, but the video is black). I open the same session in DP 7, and this works correctly. I use the same screen to watch the video (no external devices). Working with Snow Leopard.

Thank you for your help.
magicd

Post by magicd »

In general, the most efficient codec for video in DP 8 is H.264

I use Handbrake to convert movies if they are in a different format:

http://handbrake.fr/

Dave
dix

Post by dix »

DP8 has a new video engine. I too have had a bumpy transition to 8 for this reason. Try Dave's suggestion - I've found DP8 to be finicky regarding format compared to 7. Is it just one specific movie that won't play? Have you tried other movies? Also, confirm that the Movie Start Time is correct. Is the scan-bar on the movie moving as the sequence plays?
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
tofermusic

Post by tofermusic »

I dowload the app HandBrake, converted the movie, and loaded in DP 8. I still do not see the video. I also checked the start time of the video, and corresponds to the start of the session.

I tried with differents movies, and the same results :/

DP breaks my head!!!! :banghead:

Thanks!!!
tofermusic

Post by tofermusic »

A screenshot from my DP working :banghead:

MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Try popping the movie out of the consolidated window and run the time indicator under the movie. Also try toggling the lock and running the time indicator.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
tofermusic

Post by tofermusic »

many thanks guys!

I really think I'll upgrade my OS. I have tried all possible ways, and my problem is one in a million, so the most effective solution is this.

they appreciate the help.

I loved the forum.

Thanks!!!!!!!!
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Yes, we don't know under what system you work ?
Personally, I'm still on Snow Leopard 10.6.8. and incorporating video in DP works fine and was concerned by the update in D.P. 8.05 version .
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
dix

Post by dix »

It says above he's working with Snow Leopard. I'd be upgrading too if this were going on with me, but there's no guarantee that it will fix it.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
tofermusic

Post by tofermusic »

is true DIX, but I want to upgrade the OS for other reasons (2 years ago I bought it and I've never given maintenance).

I will write how it goes with the update. If this does not work, my head will break :banghead: lol

regards!
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

dix wrote:It says above he's working with Snow Leopard.
I need to stop drinking syrup ! :sorry:
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _