2408 mk 3 not recognized in win 7 64 bit

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
Tom Brighton
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

2408 mk 3 not recognized in win 7 64 bit

Post by Tom Brighton »

The 424 pcie card is running fine according to windows device manager but the breakout box source light is blinking . I have tried swapping the pcie slots , downloaded newest drivers and same thing happens . everything works fine on my mac , and on the PC was working fine until the next morning when windows did updates. can win 7 updates cause this ? this is really strange to me - why would the 424 card work and not the break out box .

DP8 win 7 pro
asus z77 sabertooth
intel 3.5 i7 quadcore
2408 mk 3
uad-2
G5 2.7 dual 8gigs ram , osx 10.5.8 , DP 7.21 , 2408 mk3
bigben , fastlane , uad1-2cards , Kontact , Glyph drives
BAE 1272 , dbx 160 , Adam A7-sub 8 , JBL 4412
torrentg
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: 2408 mk 3 not recognized in win 7 64 bit

Post by torrentg »

Regarding Windows Update as the cause: Highly unlikely, but possible. My guess is no.

Anyway, you'll have the most chance of success by trying a restore point from a date you know it worked well and apply it, or the following:

If there are no restore points, or that didn't work, you should turn off the machine, remove the 424 card from it, boot to Windows, then manually clean the heck out of all MOTU entries across the board system wide. If you need some specifics for that, let me know. I made a post not too long ago about how to do that. MOTU software and hardware seems to like this and take to it well when stuck in funky situations.

I don't know either way, but if the 424 card has a firmware update, see about installing that just as s good practice measure. Same for your motherboard firmware, and also its chipset drivers.
Tom Brighton
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: 2408 mk 3 not recognized in win 7 64 bit

Post by Tom Brighton »

Thanks for your reply torrentg , tried restore and it didn't bring me back far enough . I am interested in cleaning motu traces , I have know Idea how to though . I am new to windows . MY PC is a new build and I am still running my mac PPC in the studio but I would like to switch over to 64 bit all intel , uad-2 and kontact 4. If I can fix this issue with the sound card without having to do another clean install that would be great , but I will if it will work the best .

Thanks again,
Tom

Win 7 64 bit ,intel quadcore i7 3rd gen ,
asus sabertooth z77 mobo , 3 seagate 500 barracuda
DP 8 , 2408 mk 3 , fastlane
uad-2 , kontact
G5 2.7 dual 8gigs ram , osx 10.5.8 , DP 7.21 , 2408 mk3
bigben , fastlane , uad1-2cards , Kontact , Glyph drives
BAE 1272 , dbx 160 , Adam A7-sub 8 , JBL 4412