Track Names....What happened? - RESOLVED

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
dpg4macman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Track Names....What happened? - RESOLVED

Post by dpg4macman »

I create a new audio track in DP8 and name the track (ex: Dark Layering) Now when I transfer my MIDI to audio the newly generated audio track no longer has the track name as in DP6. It will show the input from the bundle and not the name I typed. Can this be corrected by a setting? I haven't found it if there is.

DP8 ex: Image

DP6 ex: Image

Help appreciated,

mvh
Shooshie

Re: Track Names....What happened?

Post by Shooshie »

Hi, I'm not prepared to answer your question; I'm just trying to figure out the relationship between the two pictures. Are they related? Is "Dark Layering" related to one of the tracks in the other picture?

Sorry, I just need more explanation. I don't see any clues to connect them.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
stephentayler

Post by stephentayler »

That's very strange - I just checked it in DP 8.04 and got this as expected

it seems weird your's is showing the bundle, rather than the input selected on the track

can't seem to find a preference....

SWT
Stephen W Tayler: Sound Artist
http://www.chimera-arts.com
http://ostinatomusic.com
http://stephentayler.com

Mac Pro 16Gb RAM, OSX 10.10, DP 8, PT 11, Logic 9.1.8, MOTU Traveler, Ultralite Mk 3 Hybrid, MC MIx, MOTU VIs, Waves, Izotope Everything, Spectrasonics, SoundToys, Slate, Softube, NI , spl Surround Monitor Controller, spl Auditor Headphone amp, Genelec 1031A, 1029 5.1 system, Sontronics Mics, iPad etc..
dpg4macman

Post by dpg4macman »

stephentayler wrote:That's very strange - I just checked it in DP 8.04 and got this as expected

it seems weird your's is showing the bundle, rather than the input selected on the track

can't seem to find a preference....

SWT
Correct - it is showing the bundle/input instead of the track name. Very strange. Thanks

mvh
dpg4macman

Post by dpg4macman »

Shooshie wrote:Hi, I'm not prepared to answer your question; I'm just trying to figure out the relationship between the two pictures. Are they related? Is "Dark Layering" related to one of the tracks in the other picture?

Sorry, I just need more explanation. I don't see any clues to connect them.

Shooshie
Shooshie, the pictures are of DP6 and DP8. I posted them to show the "Track Name" assigned to the audio file after recording from MIDI to audio. I am using a bundle to transfer the files and have noticed the track names in DP6 will relate to the name I have assigned to the track however, the track names in DP8 are assigning the bundle name instead of the assigned track name.
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

I would guess your preferences didn't transfer over to 8.04. You can set what the file names are based on from the Audio Monitor mini menu.
DP10.13
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Dan Worley wrote:I would guess your preferences didn't transfer over to 8.04. You can set what the file names are based on from the Audio Monitor mini menu.
Exactly.
Some users seem to have trouble finding it because they expect to see these settings in the Preferences window.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
dpg4macman

Post by dpg4macman »

OMG - that fixed it. Thanks Dan. Your a life saver. Would have taken me forever and a day to figure that out. Appreciated,

mvh
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

:woohoo:

:D
DP10.13
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

dpg4macman wrote:OMG - that fixed it. Thanks Dan. Your a life saver. Would have taken me forever and a day to figure that out. Appreciated,

mvh
Dan's the man!
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce