Anyway to close all open windows in DP?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
hrw
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Anyway to close all open windows in DP?

Post by hrw »

Anyway to close all open windows at once without quitting the project in DP?
Thanks, i should know this.
Computer/s: OSX 10.8.3

2 x 2.66 GHz Mac Pro Quad-Core Intel Xeon w/ 16GB RAM,

DAW:DP8.05
Hardware: Apogee Duet
VI's/Plug-ins:
Kontakt 5.1, EW PLAY Libraries and a
million others.
FMiguelez

Re: Anyway to close all open windows in DP?

Post by FMiguelez »

Yes. Look for it in the commands window or Edit menu.
I think it's Shift-command-W or something very similar (maybe with added Control). One of them closes DP, and the other one closes all windows, or at least all plug-ins.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

Hold the Option key down when you close one of the windows.
DP10.13
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

There is now a preference (not sure how long it's been there) to quit the sequence when you close all the windows. If you're having trouble with that, look for that preference. It may be under Consolidated Windows. I don't remember for sure. I noticed it for the first time last week, but it may have been there for years.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
doodles

Post by doodles »

Dan Worley wrote:Hold the Option key down when you close one of the windows.
Dan,some of us had this chat a few months ago. The option thing doesn't work for a lot of us any more. :(
2*5-core 3.46 Intel xeon (32 gigs RAM), 2*dual 2.5 (16 & 32 gigs RAM), DP 8.07, WAVES 9, Lexicon plugs, SoundToys, all Spectrasonics, NI Komplete 9, Vienna Ensemble (extended), LASS, Evolve, Symphobia, etc, Cinesamples, Arturia, cinestrings, all Project Sam
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

If you just want to make everything disappear from sight momentarily, but still keep the current window layout, you can hit [Command-H] on your keyboard.
Probably not what you're looking for but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

doodles wrote:
Dan,some of us had this chat a few months ago. The option thing doesn't work for a lot of us any more. :(
That sucks.

I just updated to 8.04 yesterday and Option-Close is working for me (though it's rare that I close all windows at once so it's not all that useful). I didn't accept any of the new commands since updating to any of the 8's. I wonder if that's the difference.

In 7.24 (which I still use, too), Option-Close just closes same-kind windows. I use it all the time to close all plug-in windows at once. That is very handy. I'm disappointed it doesn't work that way in 8. :mumble: The command for that is awkward for me (cmnd ctrl shift w). I'll have to record a new one.
DP10.13
doodles

Post by doodles »

Dan Worley wrote:
doodles wrote:
That sucks.

I just updated to 8.04 yesterday and Option-Close is working for me (though it's rare that I close all windows at once so it's not all that useful). I didn't accept any of the new commands since updating to any of the 8's. I wonder if that's the difference.

In 7.24 (which I still use, too), Option-Close just closes same-kind windows. I use it all the time to close all plug-in windows at once. That is very handy. I'm disappointed it doesn't work that way in 8. :mumble: The command for that is awkward for me (cmnd ctrl shift w). I'll have to record a new one.
I'm jealous of you, then :D

Just to clarify, I'm on 7.24 so you should take what I say with a pinch of salt. It might have changed in DP 8. But option clicking used to close ALL windows, which was bliss. Not I've got a gazillion windows open and have to close them separately. Could well be a Mac issue, not DP, but either way it doesn't work for me...
2*5-core 3.46 Intel xeon (32 gigs RAM), 2*dual 2.5 (16 & 32 gigs RAM), DP 8.07, WAVES 9, Lexicon plugs, SoundToys, all Spectrasonics, NI Komplete 9, Vienna Ensemble (extended), LASS, Evolve, Symphobia, etc, Cinesamples, Arturia, cinestrings, all Project Sam
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

doodles wrote: Just to clarify, I'm on 7.24 so you should take what I say with a pinch of salt. It might have changed in DP 8. But option clicking used to close ALL windows, which was bliss. Not I've got a gazillion windows open and have to close them separately. Could well be a Mac issue, not DP, but either way it doesn't work for me...
Oh, yeah, I remember us talking about that before. Sorry to hear that. I have no idea what could be blocking it.
DP10.13
doodles

Post by doodles »

Dan Worley wrote:
doodles wrote: Just to clarify, I'm on 7.24 so you should take what I say with a pinch of salt. It might have changed in DP 8. But option clicking used to close ALL windows, which was bliss. Not I've got a gazillion windows open and have to close them separately. Could well be a Mac issue, not DP, but either way it doesn't work for me...
Oh, yeah, I remember us talking about that before. Sorry to hear that. I have no idea what could be blocking it.
the gremlins :twisted:
jbyerly1

Post by jbyerly1 »

I am not sure how I did it but I managed to have 6 or 7 plug-in windows open all buried behind the consolidated window. More than once so I started looking when I thought about it. Must be a bad habit of not completing the action
Mac Pro 4,1, OS 10.9.5, 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 32 GB 1066 MHz, DP 8.07, Apogee Ensemble, UA SOLO 610, Euphonix MC Control & MC mix, JBL Monitors, Ocean Way Drums Gold, Komplete 7, Waves Classic Studio Bundle,Stylus RMX, iZotope RX,1TB glyph Drive, Carvin 6 string Bass
http://www.HorizonEntertainment-NC.com