DP 8.02 Windows - DirectMusic MIDI Clock Error?!?!

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
chaosngn
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 8.02 Windows - DirectMusic MIDI Clock Error?!?!

Post by chaosngn »

I fired up the demo on Windows 7, excited to see what's under the hood, and when it loads I get:

The DirectMusic MIDI clock does not appear to be running. MIDI may not play back.

It also does not recognize my 61 ES MIDI keyboard, while other DAWs do, and I'm guessing it's because of this error.

I've googled my ass off and can find nothing on how to turn this DirectMusic MIDI clock on, install, etc.

Anyone have an idea?
bralston

Re: DP 8.02 Windows - DirectMusic MIDI Clock Error?!?!

Post by bralston »

On wikipedia...it says this...which is interesting to me:

"In Windows 7, native 64-bit support is available for the core DirectMusic API related to timestamped MIDI but not for the performance component."

which got me thinking....are you running the 32-bit version of Windows 7...or the 64-bit install of the OS? Since on the MAC...DP8 defaults to 64-bit and there is no 32-bit bridge...all plugins and things have to be 64-bit or you have to run DP in 32-bit mode...I am wondering if this is related.

Are all of your MIDI drivers and things 64-bit versions? Is DP running in 64-bit mode? Is Windows 7 the 64-bit install or the 32-bit install? etc....etc...See if you can confirm everything is 64-bit. OR...see if there is a way in windows to run DP in 32-bit mode. Perhaps that is not possible in windows like it is on a MAC.
Regards,

Brian Ralston

- MacPro 7,1 3.2 GHz 16-core Intel Xeon W, 384GB 2933MHz DDR4 RAM, OS 10.15.7, 2TB SSD OS drive, 6TB Samsung Pro EVOPlus SSDs via Sonnet 4x4 M.2 PCIe card, Graphics card: AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB, UAD-2 Quad, DP 10.13, DP 11.0,
- 15" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz 8‑core 9th‑generation Intel Core i9 processor, Turbo Boost to 4.8GHz, 32GB 2400MHz DDR4 mem, Radeon Pro Vega 20 w/4GB HBM2 mem, 2TB SSD storage, OS 10.15.7, 2TB SSD, DP 10.13
chaosngn

Re: DP 8.02 Windows - DirectMusic MIDI Clock Error?!?!

Post by chaosngn »

That's the weird thing. Windows 64-bit Premium, DP 64 Bit, with a few 64 Bit plugins. There's some weird thing in Win 7 that isn't working, that's supposed to be (as you said) built in now. And it's a legit copy of Win 7, as well.

I finally got the keyboard working sometimes.. sometimes

I'm starting to remember why I hated Windows... lol