New to MachFive3 - some thoughts / questions

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

BKK-OZ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: New to MachFive3 - some thoughts / questions

Post by BKK-OZ »

askewd wrote: Most people would simply save the whole chain as a channel strip and load it all in one single step. Yes?
Yes. I'm not sure I understand what you are saying, but if you are trying to say that DP should be able to load a bunch of plugs in a channel strip, Yes, it can do that.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
askewd

Post by askewd »

Yes. I'm not sure I understand what you are saying, but if you are trying to say that DP should be able to load a bunch of plugs in a channel strip, Yes, it can do that.
Well i'm saying that most sequencers work like this these days. I don't use DP i use Logic... but it shouldn't matter. The issues is that if i create a patch in MachFive and modify it and save it as a 'Snapshot' (preset) in logic, it crashes logic when you try to load it back in using the side browser.

One person said the answer was simply not to use logics browser... but i don't think burying head in sand is the answer. If MachFive claims it's compatible with logic then the crash issue needs fixing. I'm not saying it's Motu's fault nor Apples - it's obviously just a bug that needs ironing out. :-)
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

askewd wrote:... i don't think burying head in sand is the answer.
Neither is ignoring the workaround. All you can do is report it to MOTU and hope they address it.

:banghead:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
askewd

Post by askewd »

Neither is ignoring the workaround. All you can do is report it to MOTU and hope they address it.
I've reported it. Who said anything about ignoring the workaround? Ignoring the "workaround" is the only option i have - the alternative being to willingly crash my machine, lol - now that would warrant one of these. :banghead:

What a warm & welcoming helpful forum...this new Motu customer is really feeling the love from the community.... :?
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Sorry if you were offended. I agree, it should work in any app as intended. You might also consider using it outside of your DAW in a bridge such as Plogue Bidule or Jbridge if that helps your workflow any. Yeah, also a major PITA, but I doubt MachFive is due for an update any time soon.

Again, apologies for any hard feelings. No insult was intended. It was more of a reflection of my own frustrations in such situations. Sorry that was not more clearly delineated.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
askewd

Post by askewd »

No problem at all Mr. Crisis. Thank you for your human reply it appreciated.

As i have said a few times, i LOVE MachFive3 - i think it deserves more attention and i want to start screaming from the rooftops about it ... but i can't until i know it's stable. I understand that most people on this forum uses DP not logic, and i'm sure it works a lot more stable in DP.

I'll try the official route to Moto and let them know what i've discovered. Hopefully a small update will fix it & all users DP & Logic alike can enjoy the software to it's full potential.

All the best
Dale