Loosing MIDI device groups in DP8

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
delcosmos
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Loosing MIDI device groups in DP8

Post by delcosmos »

Hello guys,

For some reason, my MIDI device groups are not being stored in my templete in DP8.

I mean, I spent hours making my "MIDI device Drums" from different VI's. Then I "Save as a new template".

When I open a new song, my device groups are blank, then, I have to reassign one by one again! :smash:

Any of you having this problem?

Best regards.

delcosmos.
8.07 64bit, Spire, Nexus, Fab FilterDiva, Gladiator, Nexus, Sylenth, Stylus RMX, Live 9, Reason 6.5, Komplete 8, AD Keys, AD Drums, Geist, Ivory, Waves 9 Mercury, Sound Toys, Fab, VEPro, Reason, Live, UAD2, x3 2408mk3, PCI424, MAC PRO Dual 3.46 Ghz 12 core Intel Xeon, Memory: 64gb ram, MAC OS X: 10.8.6
delcosmos

Re: Loosing MIDI device groups in DP8

Post by delcosmos »

Now, I am working on a mix, its only audio, no VI, and suddenly I can't edith pitch automation, the beach ball appears and nothing happens. Reboot DP8, open the pitch editor and again, beach ball.

I made my best effort to use DP8, but definitely its not ready for prime time, yet.
8.07 64bit, Spire, Nexus, Fab FilterDiva, Gladiator, Nexus, Sylenth, Stylus RMX, Live 9, Reason 6.5, Komplete 8, AD Keys, AD Drums, Geist, Ivory, Waves 9 Mercury, Sound Toys, Fab, VEPro, Reason, Live, UAD2, x3 2408mk3, PCI424, MAC PRO Dual 3.46 Ghz 12 core Intel Xeon, Memory: 64gb ram, MAC OS X: 10.8.6
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by James Steele »

Anhhh the "Your Mileage Mag Vary" principle at work again. I'm not having any of the problems you describe.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
delcosmos

Post by delcosmos »

James Steele wrote:Anhhh the "Your Mileage Mag Vary" principle at work again. I'm not having any of the problems you describe.
Lucky you James.

:surrender:
chaosngn
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by chaosngn »

Did you ever find a solution? I'm running into the same problem myself. I've created a ridiculous template which includes numerous MIDI device groups, yet when I save the template and reload, it forgets where it channel is.

I'm using it in conjunction with VE Pro 5. I'm wondering if that's where the issue is.

Anyway, I can't seem to figure out why it's forgetting the channels. It remembers the MIDI device groups, just not where the various channels route to. For example if I have:

Vienna Ensemble Pro-1-1

When I reload it sees it as:

Vienna Ensemble Pro-1

It knows the ensemble is where it is supposed to be, but not which channel, and I have sooooo many there is no way I can re-route each time I load a new template.
rmills007

Post by rmills007 »

I've encountered a somewhat similar problem but with output busses. I've posted it on the forums. I found myself having to go in and re-assign the output busses I created whenever I closed and re-openned a project. It seemed to re-assign them at random. A group of channels assigned to say, bus 9-10 would suddenly be assigned to busses 13-14, or some other arbitrary output when a saved project was re-openned.

All I can recommend say is that you should file a tech report with MOTU.
The only response I received from mine was, "Thanks, we'll report this to the design department." But at least it's been noted.
OSX 11.6.1, DP 11.02, Metric Halo ULN-2, Plug-Ins and stuff.
delcosmos

Post by delcosmos »

Hello chaosngn, I haven't found a fix for this.

Till this day, I have to reassign every MIDI in the device group window every time I start a new song.
As you mentioned, DP doesn't remember device groups assignments, even on DP8.03.

I remember these happened years ago and somebody found how to fix it, but I can't find the thread.

If you already found a fix please let me know.

Best regards.

delcosmos.