Re: Tascam FW 1082

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
wrathy
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by wrathy »

Wondering if anyone can offer some assistance/insight for the Tascam FW 1082 audio interface/control surface
1) Am I correct in stating that the most current driver (1.6) does NOT include a native DP driver?
2) If I am correct, is Mackie Control the best emulation?
3) how does one move faders in/out of banks? Or eliminate them alltogether from the1082's control?
4) When using the 1082, is it possible to see the entire mixing board in DP's mix window, rather than just the tracks in each bank of the 1082?
Any assistance is greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks in advance.
Best.
MAIN: MacPro 3GHz 8 core, 18G RAM, OS 10.6.8 DP 7.24, 2408 Mk III, 2408 mk II, MIDI Express XT, UAD-1, SLAVE: MacPro 3GHz 4 core, 10 G RAM. Libraries: VSL :SE/SE+, App Strings, Woodwinds, Sonic Implants Strings, EWQLSO (platinum) StormDrum II, Ministry of Rock, Motu MX 4, MACH V, NI Komplete 6, w/ plenty o' sample libs, Triton Rack, TX 81Z, Yamaha WX7, assorted woodwinds, drums, Yamaha P22 Piano
nutotech

Post by nutotech »

I'll assume the FW1082 is similar to the FW1884. There is an FW 1884 version 1.7.0 that runs DP in Native Mode. Works great. Only caveat is to have the right Firewire cable if you're going from FW 400 (FW1082) to FW 800 (Mac Pro.) They say NOT to use adapters with a FW 400/400 cable. Check with Tascam tech support. That's where I got the 1.7.0 update.

As far as seeing all the faders: never have found a workaround for that. I generally just mix/automate in groups of eight. If you want to see other tracks you can always highlight the tracks you want to see in Tracks Selector. The Tascam will control whatever group you've selected but you'll see everything.

Hope this helps!
"To infinity and Beyonce!"
Mac Pro 3.33 Ghz 6 core, 32 Mb RAM, UAD-2, Tascam FW-1884, Hafler monitors and sub, too many sample libraries. And always buying more.
wrathy

Post by wrathy »

Hi there.

I have repeatedly run the installers for the FW 1082 and 1884 and they DO NOT install a driver in the Library>Audio>Plug-Ins>Motu Control Surface Folder.

How can I get the driver and just manually put it into this folder?
I would love to run this in Native Mode.

THANKS.
All the best.
MAIN: MacPro 3GHz 8 core, 18G RAM, OS 10.6.8 DP 7.24, 2408 Mk III, 2408 mk II, MIDI Express XT, UAD-1, SLAVE: MacPro 3GHz 4 core, 10 G RAM. Libraries: VSL :SE/SE+, App Strings, Woodwinds, Sonic Implants Strings, EWQLSO (platinum) StormDrum II, Ministry of Rock, Motu MX 4, MACH V, NI Komplete 6, w/ plenty o' sample libs, Triton Rack, TX 81Z, Yamaha WX7, assorted woodwinds, drums, Yamaha P22 Piano
martian
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by martian »

hmm I had it working.. but I the whole unit faile after only 7 years... and a dodgy fader or 2 ( i was letting some other guys use it who were heavy smokers! but hard workers... )

you need a file like this in this location.

( righ click to open in new tab and see whole image )

i can link you the 1884 bundle if u like - but not sure it will work.. u need the installer..

( https://www.dropbox.com/s/z51r8ob6cw3qv ... bundle.zip )

not on the tascam site?
macpro 3 gig - 5 Gig RAM 10.6.3 Motu 2408 mk 2 Mackie HUI DP 7.21 intel imac 3 gig ram traveller OS 10.6.3

http://www.fork-media.com
wrathy

Post by wrathy »

Thanks Martian,

I'm going to give yours a try.
Neither the 1082 nor the 1884 installers from Tascam's site will put this file into the MOTU Plug-Ins folder. I have tried multiple times. Its confounding me. I will try yours and if that does not work I'll just keep going in HUI mode.....

Not sure that there is any great detriment in running in HUI mode, but it would be nice to get it to run natively.

THANKS AGAIN for sending the plug-in.

best.
martian
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by martian »

welcome - please satisfy our curiosity either way! :)

I think the eq's controls actually work in native..
macpro 3 gig - 5 Gig RAM 10.6.3 Motu 2408 mk 2 Mackie HUI DP 7.21 intel imac 3 gig ram traveller OS 10.6.3

http://www.fork-media.com
wrathy

Post by wrathy »

martian wrote:welcome - please satisfy our curiosity either way!
I have tried every last thing I can think of to get this to run in Native mode, with no luck.
The Tascam installers/Drivers ONLY install a MidiDriver Plugin. It puts NOTHING in the MOTU Control Surface folder.

I put your FW1884.bundle driver in the folder manually, but nothing comes up in the Drop-Down menu in DP under Driver. It just never appears....

I tried everything i could think of.....

But thanks again for your help.

All the best,
Thanx.