Thoughts about DP on Windows

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
cuttime
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Thoughts about DP on Windows

Post by cuttime »

Now really: Would anyone prefer editing the Windows registry over trashing a preference? :smash:
828x MacOS 13.6.7 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

The Registry? So if MOTU is marrying Mac and Windows in their DAW, are they registered at Target?

Or is MOTU expecting? Are they registered at Babies R Us?

I'm registered at OWC is anyone is interested... LOL!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

For some reason MLC , I do think & hope you are asking for assistance with choosing something that's RAM related , what size stick are you aiming for? Or is that question better said in a pm?
Last edited by kgdrum on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
MIDI Life Crisis

I guess I'm supposed to get that as a joke (and sort of do...) and know you well enough to know that is how you meant it, but whoosh---> right over my head (so to speak).

If I am correct, by all means, please don't PM me. :)
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
MIDI Life Crisis

Oh wait! You mean choosing an appropriate gift? That's easy, more telephones for MOTU.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

I was speaking purely in general terms, joking? We don't do that here!
As far as more phones for Motu, that we agree on, I tried to call 3 or 4 times Friday and was either put on hold or busy signals again, it felt like the old days,I guess with the new release they are getting a upswing of questions and it's only going to increase.
Yes they will need more tech support very soon!
Last edited by kgdrum on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
MIDI Life Crisis

kgdrum wrote:I was speaking purely in general terms, joking? We don't do that here!
Define: Here.

NY?
CA?
MN? (The state of Motunation, that is.)

Or as a state of mind? (If you don't mind.)

Oh pooh! Are we o/t? No, I said pooh. We're still on/t. :smash:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

thank you for not mentioning Tx, as I'm still trying to get past those blue sequined polyester nightmares I had recently......
zed

Post by zed »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I'm registered at OWC is anyone is interested... LOL!
I'm going to be giving them some business in the form of another RAM purchase, especially since one of my sticks went south.

I suppose I will wait until 64 bit DP is installed and I can determine that the bottleneck on my machine is really gone. Once things are looking good, I will be happy to spend several hundred on a serious RAM upgrade.
MacPro 2.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon | 14 GB RAM | OS 10.11.6 | DP 8
MIDI Life Crisis

Great! Now I have to add RAM envy to my list of woes. Actually, I have some disposable income and think I'll take a walk down the isle with Larry at OWC this afternoon...

Beats the heck out of the official MLC Larry! (I'd be the guy on the far right...the in the picture)

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

We have too much in common,if I ever have a serious question or problem to deal with I always think...
what would Curley do ?
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

kgdrum wrote:We have too much in common,if I ever have a serious question or problem to deal with I always think...
what would Curley do ?
Or...what would Grady do?
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
MIDI Life Crisis

David Polich wrote:
kgdrum wrote:We have too much in common,if I ever have a serious question or problem to deal with I always think...
what would Curley do ?
Or...what would Grady do?
Whatever it is, it will be de-Grad'ing.

<moan...>
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
KEVORKIAN

Post by KEVORKIAN »

I spoke to Dave after the DP8 demo I attended and he stated that MOTU has VST ready for the PC version and that VST support on the Mac is something they would be listening to users about.

I let him know that I'm hoping they also decide to implement it on the Mac side.
dp7.2 || os 10.6.7 || 2x2.8 (eight core) intel mac pro, 16gb ram || metric halo uln-8 || motu traveler || euphonix mc control || waves mercury || abbey road bundle || mh channelstrip || toontrack sd 2.0, ez drummer, drumtracker || addictive drums || drumcore 3 || ni komplete 5 || reason || bidule || altiverb 6 || omnisphere, stylus RMX || melodyne 3.2 || stillwell || soundtoys || nomad factory|| psp || mpressor || dsm ||
zed

Post by zed »

KEVORKIAN wrote:I spoke to Dave after the DP8 demo I attended and he stated that MOTU has VST ready for the PC version and that VST support on the Mac is something they would be listening to users about.

I let him know that I'm hoping they also decide to implement it on the Mac side.
Yabba Dabba!

Good work Kevorkian. Did you find out anything else in regards to the continued use of 32 bit plugins? Or any other tidbits?
MacPro 2.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon | 14 GB RAM | OS 10.11.6 | DP 8