"Add Track" sub-menu lost its content in DP 7.23

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
greeny
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

"Add Track" sub-menu lost its content in DP 7.23

Post by greeny »

Hello everyone!

Has anyone perhaps noticed that in DP7.23 in the Project Menu the "Add Track" has lost its sub-menu; at least in my version of version 7.23 which I downloaded and installed today.
I have no more access to my virtual instruments from this menu; luckily I happen to remember which key command combinations do offer access to the instrument-tracks, still this isn't how it should be I suppose.

Anyway this is just a heads-up, and perhaps someone would like to comment - in the mean time I'm going straight back to version 7.22.

Greetings, Alix
Tritonemusic

Re: "Add Track" sub-menu lost its content in DP 7.23

Post by Tritonemusic »

Just wanted to mention that it's all still there on my system, running 7.23.
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
greeny

Post by greeny »

Weird to say the least. At a last attempt two minutes ago - it worked!
All's good and fine I guess. I'll try out a few other files tomorrow - it looks promising!

Thanks, Alix
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Working fine here as well.

Phil
DP 11.32, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.5/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

greeny wrote:666,
Weird to say the least. At a last attempt two minutes ago - it worked!
All's good and fine I guess. I'll try out a few other files tomorrow - it looks promising!

Thanks, Alix
I lose sub menus quite often in 7.21. I've yet to find the cause but I'm pretty sure it has to do with certain combinations of plug-ins. I just haven't narrowed it down. When it gets too bad and they don't want to come back after a restart, rebuilding the Audio Unit Info Cache has worked for me, which is getting to be a pain because my plug-in list is getting quite long.

c-ya,

Dan Worley
DP10.13