Sound Toys Devil-Loc for free (link included)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
dix
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Sound Toys Devil-Loc for free (link included)

Post by dix »

I just got the email from Soundtoys that announces this giveaway. Unfortunately the site appears to be down. Anyone else having trouble accessing the Soundtoys site?
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
jloeb

Post by jloeb »

dix wrote:I just got the email from Soundtoys that announces this giveaway. Unfortunately the site appears to be down. Anyone else having trouble accessing the Soundtoys site?
Yes I just noticed the same. I'm sure it's no big deal.
Radiogal

Post by Radiogal »

They had a server problem due to the heavy amount of downloads.

Quote from SoundToys Facebook site: "Server's back up, massively upgraded, ready for a new onslaught of hapless souls..."

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/SoundToys
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

I used RG's code. Maybe it'll give me a cool swedish accent!

Anyone wishing a sorta elderly eastern USA accent can use this ...

https://www.soundtoys.com/sxswpromo/&rc=254-8355-217" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I used RG's code too. Hope she wins something.

Follow up: Not too obvious but you need to go to the iLok page to get the thing to work. It works. Kind of strange, frankly. We'll see. Thanks for the links RG!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
iMax

Post by iMax »

:)
Last edited by iMax on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
MIDI Life Crisis

I say we all use Radiogal's code so at least one of us stands a chance at the big prize... :) Besides, she started the thread as I recall... :)
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Spikey Horse

Post by Spikey Horse »

Thanks Radiogal - I've only put it on some tabla so far..... verdict: :dance:
content is the new style
Radiogal

Post by Radiogal »

Thanks. i´m not in it to win. I happened to be right there when the first code came out on SoundToys Facebook site.
So I wanted to share the fun with my friends on the MotuNation ASAP. :) Would be nice to win but that has never been my intention.
Though I´m not doing that bad..
Today:
Devil-Loc Contest Statistics
Current Rank: 16 out of 7851
# of Shares: 59
# of Downloads: 45
Sharing Link:
https://www.soundtoys.com/sxswpromo/&rc=221-4810-992" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to you guys :)
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
labman

Post by labman »

Radiogal wrote:Thanks. i´m not in it to win.
Yeah. but we are hoping they give you a new 12 core MacPro fully loaded.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
Radiogal

Post by Radiogal »

labman wrote:
Radiogal wrote:Thanks. i´m not in it to win.
Yeah. but we are hoping they give you a new 12 core MacPro fully loaded.
:rofl: NOW I´m gonna have to change my strategy and feed my non existing winner spirit!!

:headbang: Shook my head and it all came clear to me!
From now on I´ll be in the studio bizz ONLY for the money.
AND
I entered the SoundToys competition ONLY for the new fully loaded 12 core MacPro they will reward the 16th ranked compatitor with...
;)
labman

Post by labman »

Radiogal wrote: From now on I´ll be in the studio bizz ONLY for the money.
AND
I entered the SoundToys competition ONLY for the new fully loaded 12 core MacPro they will reward the 16th ranked compatitor with...
;)
Oh geesh. We've created a monster :woohoo:
MIDI Life Crisis

... an' I hepped!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POI5aMgxYFk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

They connect with a larger version !

Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

I don't have the resources at hand to compare, but will blindly purchase the $49 upgrade regardless, as SoundToys is my favourite plug-in developer.

Last night, I compared some similar (manual, not preset) settings in PhaseMistress vs. the phaser part of G-Force Virtual String Machine -- which is modeled after my hardware Electro-harmonix Small Stone (my favourite effect for synths) -- and PhaseMistress won by a mile.

There is no other plug-in developer whose plugs seem so far beyond the competition as SoundToys, when comparing apples to apples -- not that such a comparison is even possible with most of their plugs, as they are so unique.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH