Any DPers going to the TAXI Seminar?

For discussion of the music business in general

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
For discussion of the music business in general from studio administration, contracts, artist promotion, gigging, etc.
richard
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Any DPers going to the TAXI Seminar?

Post by richard »

I'm going to my first Taxi seminar (Road Rally) next month in LA. I was curious if there are any DPers that are also going and would like to meet up.
Richard Temple
G5 2x2 4.5Gb, MacBook, 828mkII, Tascam FW 1804, DP, Logic, Giga, MachV, Reason, Live, EW Gold, Stormdrums, Atmosphere....
www.mutexmusic.com
maintiger

Re: Any DPers going to the TAXI Seminar?

Post by maintiger »

Originally posted by Richard Temple:
I'm going to my first Taxi seminar (Road Rally) next month in LA. I was curious if there are any DPers that are also going and would like to meet up.
am going- are you gonna stay at the hotel? :cool:
Xavier Calvera
DP 6 dual G5 2.0- 828mkii-
apogee rosetta - Mach Five, Atmosphere, Stylus, Garritan, Soundtrack,
more soft synths...
check out my latest DP project at www.theorishasarecoming.com more on www.lordtiger.com
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Hey guys... I've moved this topic over to the Music Business forum which I think is more appropriate. Thanks. :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
richard

Post by richard »

Yes. I'm getting in Thursday evening and leaving Monday night.

Have you gone before?

I haven't. I'm not sure what to expect--since I'm not trying to make it as a performer but rather a film composer. If you have gone before, do you have any recommendations for which activities are a must (the one on ones sound like they could be good). I have a meeting Friday morning, so I hope I don't miss anything important at Road Rally.
Originally posted by maintiger:
am going- are you gonna stay at the hotel? :cool:
Richard Temple
G5 2x2 4.5Gb, MacBook, 828mkII, Tascam FW 1804, DP, Logic, Giga, MachV, Reason, Live, EW Gold, Stormdrums, Atmosphere....
www.mutexmusic.com
Mushka

Post by Mushka »

I wanted to go but I am really busy and won't be able to make it. I am also trying to make it as a film music composer. It would be great if you could give you impressions afterwards! Please!!
Definition of Insanity: Doing the same thing that you have always done...
...but expecting a different outcome!!

Mac Pro 2010 6-core 3.46 DP 8, 48Gb ram, Track 16, Reason 10, Stylus RMX, Komplete 10, Waves plug-ins and whatever I can't remember...:-|
maintiger

Post by maintiger »

Yes. I'm getting in Thursday evening and leaving Monday night.

Have you gone before?

I haven't. I'm not sure what to expect--since I'm not trying to make it as a performer but rather a film composer. If you have gone before, do you have any recommendations for which activities are a must (the one on ones sound like they could be good). I have a meeting Friday morning, so I hope I don't miss anything important at Road Rally.

]
I've been before and the best thing to do is to meet people and network. I live in LA area but I decided to stay at the motel because last year there were some exciting impromtu songwriters circles after hours (to me there were the best part of the rally, (if you are into that kind of thing)lets get together, talk DP. See you there!
:D
Xavier Calvera
more soft synths...
check out my latest DP project at www.theorishasarecoming.com more on www.lordtiger.com
john pisciotta

Post by john pisciotta »

We get submissions from TAXI. A few of which we have signed. Generally pretty good stuff.
John
Paradiso Music Nashville

e: paradisomusic@comcast.net
  w: www.paradisomusic.com
austinladd
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by austinladd »

Would have been my fourth convention had not the flu made it impossible to drive in. Patti and I have been asked to perform the last two years and were looking forward to our third.

We are long-term users of DP in our studio (Cerritos, CA).
maintiger

Post by maintiger »

It was ok- same industry people, same staff, nothing earthshaking. Got to say hi to a few old friends I don't see so often anymore- Like Pete Luboff who moved to Nashville a few years back- its nice to see Pete, he is a quality soul- :)
Xavier Calvera
more soft synths...
ComposerDan

Post by ComposerDan »

Have any of you ever gotten any jobs by way of Taxi? I am very interested in film music, can someone point me in the right direction in order to get into this aspect of writing? I used to be a member of Taxi and I even traveled from West Virginia to go to Road Rally once. Had a great time, but never really got anything out of the membership other than that.