MAC MINI !

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's powerful MX4 software synthesizer.

Moderator: James Steele

terra
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MAC MINI !

Post by terra »

Hi, I can work with a MacMini of 1.42 Gh and 1 Gb de Ram, with DP4.5 + MX4 ? I thank the information, Renato.
G4 1.4 Mhz/ 1.5 Gb RAM - iMac 2.1Gh 1.5 Gb RAM - 828 MKII - MTP/AV - DP3 - 2 (Two) SAMPLECELL Cards - MACKIE 32/8 Bus - JBL4333A - YAMAHA NS10M - YAMAHA ProR3 - DBX 160A - OTARI DAT - ADAT XT - VIRUS - TRINITY - Super JD 990 - MO'PHATT - POD Line 6 - BEHRINGER's DEQ2496 / MIC2200 - NEUMANN MIC's and more...
stretta

Re: MAC MINI !

Post by stretta »

Should be good to go. Download the demo and try it for yourself!
fontane

Post by fontane »

once you download the demo... YOU WILL SELL YOUR SOUL TO MOTU... hee hee
Shane Fontane
www.shanefontane.com

Dual 1.8 G5 | 2.5GB | OS X 10.3.9 | DP 4.52 | UAD | Mach 5 | SampleTank 2 | Kontakt 2 | MX4 | Recycle | MAudio Firewire Audiophile | Undying Passion For Music
terra

Post by terra »

but I do not have still this System... I want to know if he goes to work well... and later buying...
G4 1.4 Mhz/ 1.5 Gb RAM - iMac 2.1Gh 1.5 Gb RAM - 828 MKII - MTP/AV - DP3 - 2 (Two) SAMPLECELL Cards - MACKIE 32/8 Bus - JBL4333A - YAMAHA NS10M - YAMAHA ProR3 - DBX 160A - OTARI DAT - ADAT XT - VIRUS - TRINITY - Super JD 990 - MO'PHATT - POD Line 6 - BEHRINGER's DEQ2496 / MIC2200 - NEUMANN MIC's and more...
fontane

Post by fontane »

well, if you dont have it... i heard several reasons why you shouldnt use it as your main audio rig... you can find more info about that here:

www.recording.org

just search it...

i believe there is ram limits, buss limits, not much juice overall...
makes a great node for a logic system i guess?
Shane Fontane
www.shanefontane.com

Dual 1.8 G5 | 2.5GB | OS X 10.3.9 | DP 4.52 | UAD | Mach 5 | SampleTank 2 | Kontakt 2 | MX4 | Recycle | MAudio Firewire Audiophile | Undying Passion For Music
thracks

Post by thracks »

Originally posted by terra:
but I do not have still this System... I want to know if he goes to work well... and later buying...
Wow, let me guess.. English is a second language? :) No offense, all are welcome here :D

Don't get a Mac Mini. Get something more powerful. The low end G5 is cheap. Buy that instead.

<small>[ May 12, 2005, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: thracks ]</small>
Steve

2020 Mac Mini | Ventura | 828x |
pinky

Post by pinky »

English is my first language and I found the link you provided to be all but unusable. There is no "search" that I could find, although there appears to be a lot of posts on a variety of music topics.
Originally posted by thracks:
Wow, let me guess.. English is a second language? :) No offense, all are welcome here :D

Don't get a Mac Mini. Get something more powerful. The low end G5 is cheap. Buy that instead.
pinky

Post by pinky »

Hi, I can work with a MacMini of 1.42 Gh and 1 Gb de Ram, with DP4.5 + MX4 ? I thank the information, Renato.
The only big problem I see would be that you cannot add an internal HD, but you can add firewaire if you end up doing large audio/visual projects.

The MINI is a great choice for a basic system with DP and MX 4 (as well as MachFive and a number of other products (music, graphics, etc.)

Remember, there are no PCI slts, but PCI is going the way of the dino.

A 1.4GB MINI with 1GB of RAM is quite enough to handle your needs. Don't forget the flat screen monitor, wireless keyboard and mouse!