Quick help with curser please...

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
draudio2u
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Quick help with curser please...

Post by draudio2u »

Hello,
In my stupidity I hit some key to have the curser in my sequence window return to start once I stop playing rather than just sit there. Of course I don't remember how to undo this. Help please???...

Thanks.
MacBook Pro FULL, 896HD, 828mkii, DP7... Just go to the web site and look at the pretty pictures ; )
draudio2u

Re: Quick help with curser please...

Post by draudio2u »

Never mind.... transport panel of course.
:roll:
MacBook Pro FULL, 896HD, 828mkii, DP7... Just go to the web site and look at the pretty pictures ; )
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

I think Keypad 8 will do that.

That whole row: Keypad 7, 8, 9, and Minus are all associated with auto-stop or rewind. Worth knowing about.
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Another thing...

If you search the Commands Window, you'll find a sequence of keyboard shortcuts that are very handy to know. Unfortunately, they are set for the very keys that I use for Spotlight and Dashboard, so I changed them. Here's what they do:

F1 - Put Counter in Memory Start .............M
F2 - Put Counter in Memory End ..............M
F3 - Put Counter in Auto-Record Start .....A
F4 - Put Counter in Auto-Record End ......A
F5 - Put Counter in Selection Start ...........S
F6 - Put Counter in Selection End ............S

I changed those keys to OPTION F1, OPTION F2, and so forth.

Notice that Memory, Auto-record, and Selection have a mnemonic: MAS. (as in MOTU Audio System) That makes it easy to remember what these are for. Memory, Auto-record (punch-in), Selection

So, when I move to a new section that I'm going to be working on for a while, before I hit start I hit Option-F1. Then when I find the end point, I hit Option-F2. Then hit Keypad 8, and there you go. Rewinds to your memory point every time you hit Stop.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
eriknorlander

Post by eriknorlander »

Shooshie wrote:If you search the Commands Window, you'll find a sequence of keyboard shortcuts that are very handy to know. Unfortunately, they are set for the very keys that I use for Spotlight and Dashboard, so I changed them. Here's what they do:

F1 - Put Counter in Memory Start .............M
F2 - Put Counter in Memory End ..............M
F3 - Put Counter in Auto-Record Start .....A
F4 - Put Counter in Auto-Record End ......A
F5 - Put Counter in Selection Start ...........S
F6 - Put Counter in Selection End ............S
Many thanks for this, Shooshie. I have been using Performer for over 20 years now, and I am still learning new ways to work more efficiently. For all of these "Put Counter in ..." commands, I was using the old Option + click in the box method. This way is so much more efficient as I don't even to touch the mouse now.

Cheers,
Erik
G5 Quad 2.5GHz, 6 GB RAM, OS 10.5.8, DP 7.02, UAD-2 Quad, all IK Multimedia and Sonic Reality synths and plug-ins, DrumTracker, ApTrigga, NI Komplete 5 and 6, ImpOSCar, TimewARP 2600, Waves Gold, Nomad Integral, 2X 828mk3, UltraLite mk3, 3X micro express. 1967 modular Moog synthesizer, Minimoog model Ds, Voyager, other Moog things, Alesis A6, lots of other hardware synths. Hammond organ and Leslie, Kawai grand piano. Mics and guitars. Braun 3071 coffee maker.
http://www.eriknorlander.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

The "curser" is a guy who is impossible to control with DP.
He'll pop up every time you have a crash... :D

As Google would put it -

"Did you mean cursor?"
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
eriknorlander

Post by eriknorlander »

David Polich wrote:The "curser" is a guy who is impossible to control with DP.
He'll pop up every time you have a crash... :D

As Google would put it -

"Did you mean cursor?"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You know, I do tend to let those things go, but okay ...

Cheers,
Erik
G5 Quad 2.5GHz, 6 GB RAM, OS 10.5.8, DP 7.02, UAD-2 Quad, all IK Multimedia and Sonic Reality synths and plug-ins, DrumTracker, ApTrigga, NI Komplete 5 and 6, ImpOSCar, TimewARP 2600, Waves Gold, Nomad Integral, 2X 828mk3, UltraLite mk3, 3X micro express. 1967 modular Moog synthesizer, Minimoog model Ds, Voyager, other Moog things, Alesis A6, lots of other hardware synths. Hammond organ and Leslie, Kawai grand piano. Mics and guitars. Braun 3071 coffee maker.
http://www.eriknorlander.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;