Can't load any project in dp7! [RESOLVED]

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
newrigel

Re: Can't load any project in dp7! ARGH!

Post by newrigel »

James Steele wrote:It's another one of those new weird bugs that doesn't affect almost anybody else. :?:
A nasty roach! Sorry about the sarcasm...
If it's appearing on a fresh instal and nothing else is installed you'd equate it to a bug but if no one else is having this issue it may just be a user issue. I'd try it without the interface and see want happens.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by James Steele »

It's big time a user issue. This is the most bizarre thing I've ever heard of and I have never encountered it or know anybody else who has encountered it. I really have to wonder. There's something seriously wrong with the user's system or someone is pulling our leg. Maybe it's a Logic user funning with us!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
newrigel

Post by newrigel »

It's weird that it's doing it on a fresh install of SL and DP7... that's why I came to that conclusion... but like I said before, I'd try it w/o installing the 828 drivers then you'll nail down the real issue.
I NEVER use that function in DP because it's a waste of time.
And from my post obviously you can tell he he!
I'm still in 5.13 and very happy thank you! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
legodo

Post by legodo »

No it's not a problem of user, I tried to make the same installation on my Macbook with very new Snowleopard and boom the same problem!!
I don't understand what is this &?/à&& issue, please help !! :evil:
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

legodo wrote:No it's not a problem of user, I tried to make the same installation on my Macbook with very new Snowleopard and boom the same problem!!
I don't understand what is this &?/à&& issue, please help !! :evil:
Neither do I because I've never seen it before and you and the other person who posted are the only people I ever seen mention this problem before.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
newrigel

Post by newrigel »

Well... I just installed on my other drive a new build of SL and DP 7 and no problems here so...
You know, I don't see anyone ever use that new project command unless they are just beginning to learn DP. I have probably used it once or twice then after I figured out the template thing, I haven't even used it. If the user is having problems then just open up one of his old projects if it don't open look in the manual.. it's very easy to find it in the PDF version too!

peccoz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by peccoz »

Thank you all for the replies, and I realize that I've been flooding the forum with updates about the situation constantly, and that could tend to get annoying- sorry about that. Right now, Dp 5 and 6 are working fine on my system, so that's all that I really need by now, and I'll be trying to figure out what is wrong with 7 sometime in the future- need a break from this constant error-searching! :)
I've been working with DP for 5 years and never thought that the "new file" option is a waste of time, if you put your templates in the template folder and then click on "new-> template you want to use", isn't it just as good as opening a project file?

So again, thank you so much for your help/moral support/suggestions etc :) And if anyone besides legodo and me experiences this strange thing, let me know.
kassonica

Post by kassonica »

Why don't you contact Motu and tell them about the problem and see if they can help you????
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
zed

Post by zed »

James Steele wrote:Neither do I because I've never seen it before and you and the other person who posted are the only people I ever seen mention this problem before.
Actually, I did have this experience a couple of times when I first installed DP7... but I managed to very quickly resolve it. If I recall correctly, it was a problem that occurred after DP7 crashed and had not yet properly saved its preferences after the install (i.e. the command bindings hadn't stuck and I had to okay those dialog boxes again). I think just opening up a new project, saving it and then restarting DP made the problem to disappear... but I'm pretty fuzzy on the details... sorry.

It may have also been an incompatible plugin...
MacPro 2.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon | 14 GB RAM | OS 10.11.6 | DP 8
Dark Goob

Post by Dark Goob »

Ugh I'm having the same issue. HOW DO YOU FIX THIS?!

It seems to be happening to us Mac Pro users... with the 8-core machines. ?

Sigh.. I need this fixed pronto..
-=DG=-

_________
Vocals/Synths
Sawblade Painter
https://soundcloud.com/sawbladepainter
Moonbase Zeta
https://soundcloud.com/moonbasezeta
_________
2021 MacBook Pro 16" M1 Max, 64 GB RAM, 8TB
MOTU 896HD (Black Lion Mod) | MOTU 828 Mk II | Korg X2, RK-100S Mk 2 | Yamaha Electone 7000 | Behringer ARP 2600 | Alesis Photon X25 | iPad Pro 12.9" | Line6 MobileKeys 49 | SoundCraft Delta 200 16•4•4 | DP8 & DP11
Dark Goob

Post by Dark Goob »

-=DG=-

_________
Vocals/Synths
Sawblade Painter
https://soundcloud.com/sawbladepainter
Moonbase Zeta
https://soundcloud.com/moonbasezeta
_________
2021 MacBook Pro 16" M1 Max, 64 GB RAM, 8TB
MOTU 896HD (Black Lion Mod) | MOTU 828 Mk II | Korg X2, RK-100S Mk 2 | Yamaha Electone 7000 | Behringer ARP 2600 | Alesis Photon X25 | iPad Pro 12.9" | Line6 MobileKeys 49 | SoundCraft Delta 200 16•4•4 | DP8 & DP11
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Well, I stand corrected. That really is an odd problem, but glad there's a solution. I'm going to edit the header to say it's resolved.

newrigel

Post by newrigel »

James Steele wrote:Well, I stand corrected. That really is an odd problem, but glad there's a solution. I'm going to edit the header to say it's resolved.
This is the same user account problems that were happening before James.
Using the terminal:
From MOTU Site:

How to reauthorize DP, AudioDesk, or Unisyn under Tiger (OS 10.4)
At this time, reauthorizing under OS 10.4 must be done through the Terminal.

Quit all running applications. Make sure youare logged in as an administrator user, then proceed.
Go to Applications/Utilities and open Terminal.
Copy and paste this command, then pressReturn:
cd /

Then copy and paste this command, then press Return:
rm Auth-DigitalPerformer\ 4.5

If you are reauthorizing AudioDesk2 or Unisyn 2.1 instead, use the appropriate one of these two commands.

rm Auth-AudioDesk\ 2.0

Peace!

You can use Cocktail too in the finder preference to see hidden files but a fresh install shouldn't exhibit a permissions problem like this... this is due to creating multiple user accounts.
peccoz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Can't load any project in dp7! [RESOLVED]

Post by peccoz »

Indeed resolved! Thanks, this forum is great! :D
cchord59

Re: Can't load any project in dp7! [RESOLVED]

Post by cchord59 »

I Have the same problem running osx 10.4.11 on a 2.66 mac pro. I tried reauthorizing using Terminal, but I still get the error saying the file was created on an older version of DP. I reauthorized dp 6 first, and then realized that I need to reauthorize dp7.
Mac 2.66 quad, DP 7, Latest Snow Leopard, Aurora 16.