828mk3 MIDI serious working. Impossible mission

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
edding
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

828mk3 MIDI serious working. Impossible mission

Post by edding »

828mk3 MIDI serious working is useless.
The MIDI errors and reliability depends of "samples per buffer" size. I don't know why.
With low values you get very high error rates (0,1%). With 1024 or more the error rate is lower but unusable in some scenarios.
Maybe you don't mind (and probably don't detect it) if you use it for send notes and CC messages (a few bytes for messages), but forget about send and receive large sysex messages without checksum error.

I'm doing some test with midiox comparing with a cheap m-audio MIDI interface and the results are unacceptable for serious working.
yeti
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: 828mk3 MIDI serious working. Impossible mission

Post by yeti »

Hi
It is a shame and maybe a question of a good build driver. The new driver 1400 did not change this behavior... so i think the MIDI section of the mk3 is a missleading promise of motu... the last driver makes things go whorst and whorst. It is not possible to play some pianomoves without note-hangers and wired timing problems.
I for myself bought the mk3 for every advertised function: audio-MIDI-sync-onboard DSP... what did i get?
......... AND motu support is not interested to give support anymore
Gianluca13_2
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: 828mk3 MIDI serious working. Impossible mission

Post by Gianluca13_2 »

Same problem here.

It is one year I collaborate related to this problem with Italian distributor for Motu products.
We sent a lot of information to Motu for have back practically nothing, no significant answer.
Never in my life I encountered a similar behaviour from a manufacturer.
It is similar to an insult thrown in face of a person with the maximum of scorn.
How much time Motu can hope to remain in the market in this way?

Cheers,

Gianluca