traveler/x64/windows 7

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
eyeknow
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

traveler/x64/windows 7

Post by eyeknow »

I realize that motu has been a turd in the service department, and I have read allot of the stuff here and am still somewhat confused.

I have a first gen traveler and have considered running a dual-boot with the new RC windows 7. Now, motu lists x64 drivers and an x64 firmware update, AND there are choices for the mk3 stuff (the dreaded 3.6.8.x driver.....which I don't need) and there is also a 3.6.7.3x64 driver (phew!) It's allot to digest imo, and get's me kinda worrying if I should bother.

Is there anyone who has tried a first gen motu traveler with the x64 firmware update, the x64 3.6.7.3 drivers on any windows x64 system? I'll take any info.....positive or negative.
Mark S

Re: traveler/x64/windows 7

Post by Mark S »

I see where you're going here. And I understand too but if you're running 64 bit or considering it, give it a try. For better or worse we are Motu support,...

Care to join?

And if you have those 3.6.7.x 64 bit drivers please post them on the sticky in this section. Please?
eyeknow

Post by eyeknow »

Oh, it's listed under motu's drivers.

Under xp 64 at the very bottom, I thought it was weird considering the tude they gave me a long time ago about ONLY supporting the 3.6.8.x drivers :roll:

I've pretty much given up on this idea as they also want a firmware update too.....I'm kinda afraid of that :lol: So I'm probably going to do a dual boot with win 7....after many hours of research today, it just doesn't look like it's worth the work.
Mark S

Post by Mark S »

if by listed you mean on MOTU's page take care, it's probably linked to the newest driver and not the driver listed.

Yeah, I got that same "tude" also. Last tech issue they told me to update to the newest driver. When I asked if they had fixed the broken channel designation yet, they said no, but it will be coming,...
eyeknow

Post by eyeknow »

Dude, I feel your pain.

Here's what I did. After exhaustive research, and considering my "in stock" options (with a return policy) I decided to try.....gulp.......an maudio profire 610.

So far to date? Much much less problems :shock: , better sound (no really, I mean much clearer....not "trebl-ier" or "bass-ier" but clearer) and it even works (other than the "aero thing" that I can't seem to turn off) in windows 7/32 bit. Yeah, I decided against the 64 thing till I get "familiar" with the new stuff. Not sure if it was a great idea..:roll:

It's a shame, there seems to be a lack of pride at motu......really very disappointing that I'm giving a TU to maudio :lol: