Optimizing DP4 for a 20" flatscreen

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Chris Fitzgerald
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Optimizing DP4 for a 20" flatscreen

Post by Chris Fitzgerald »

This is probably a silly question, but I recently installed DP4 on my 20" iMac, and it looks pretty goofy compared to the way it looks on the 15" flatscreen in my music room. Downstairs, the DP control windows look to be the proper size, and everything is readable. On the 20" screen, all of the controls on DP look absolutely TINY. Is there a way to increase the perceived size of each window, or make the font bigger? It looks like a toy right now.

Sorry if that was a studpid question!

<small>[ March 19, 2005, 07:22 AM: Message edited by: Chris Fitzgerald ]</small>
Wherever you go, there you are.

www.chrisfitzgeraldmusic.com
kwiz

Re: Optimizing DP4 for a 20" flatscreen

Post by kwiz »

Go to System Preferences and click on to "Displays".
From there just increase the resolution to the size that you prefer.
Great family and friends!

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.
Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate, Console 1 MKIII w/C1 Fader

"Without struggle, there is no progress"

F. Douglas
aaronlyon

Post by aaronlyon »

Kwiz's solution will make the graphics look fuzzy, since you have an LCD display. You should leave it at it's native resolution for best quality. Really, you're just going to have to sit closer and squint until MOTU adds new capability to DP. But, my!, what a lot of data you can display on that screen!

-aaron
DP7*, Mac Pro Quad 2.66GHz, 12GB RAM, MOTU 828mk3, Mac OS 10.6*
* Bleeding edge updater--if it's released, I've updated, and bled.
Chris Fitzgerald

Post by Chris Fitzgerald »

Thanks guys - you are both right, but I think I like the bigger graphics when using DP, so I'll just change it when I plan to use it.

Now, if anybody can handle a total newbie question about MIDI - how do I get DP to show my Kurzweil PC2R in the
Output section of the Tracks window? I've had this set up on the other machine before, but can't remember how to do it on this one. I've been to "Audio MIDI setup" and entered my controller as the input device and the PC2R as the output device of Channel "A" on my Fastlane interface, and DP is recording MIDI information...but I can't get it to send it out, and can't get it to recognize the PC2R. Any ideas?
Wherever you go, there you are.

www.chrisfitzgeraldmusic.com