original 828 and XP

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
chrisblythenz
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

original 828 and XP

Post by chrisblythenz »

Hi
I'm trying to set up a second hand 828 on my friend's PC with XP and Cubase SE.
I've downloaded the latest drivers from MOTU, but I wonder if these work with the old 828. When I launch CueMix etc it says that no 828 is present.
So, I'm wondering if the 828 isn't compatible with XP and/or the latest XP drivers (for the Mk2 and 3).
I also can't find the original drivers on the MOTU site.
I've set up the 828 on my Mac and DP5.13 can see the device and inputs, bu CueMix isn't working, so I guess its the wrong version for Mac too?

Any thoughts anyone?
carrythebanner

Post by carrythebanner »

The CueMix Console doesn't work with the original 828; its direct hardware patch thru options are more limited, and thus it has no need for the CueMix Console. Try launching the MOTU Audio Setup console to see if that app sees the 828; if so, you're in business.
"I don't see any method at all, sir."
latinpianoman

Post by latinpianoman »

I have the same problem.....I can`t install AT ALL my 828 original.I have a TI chipset card, I reinstalled around 4 TIMES Windows XP. I have a PC core " Duo , Intel Motherboard, and 2 gigas RAM.Please, I am despered!!!!!! :shock:
chrisblythenz

Post by chrisblythenz »

I've tried launching the audio set up as well, but it says it can't find the 828.
I've got it working OK on my mac though! I wonder if its a XP issue? My mates PC could be at fault. I'll get back to you with any progress.
thanks for the responses
chrisblythenz

Post by chrisblythenz »

I've tried launching the audio set up as well, but it says it can't find the 828.
I've got it working OK on my mac though! I wonder if its a XP issue? My mates PC could be at fault. I'll get back to you with any progress.
thanks for the responses