latest altiverb and DP 5.12 or 5.13 a problem for me

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
MixerGuyUSA
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

latest altiverb and DP 5.12 or 5.13 a problem for me

Post by MixerGuyUSA »

altiverb works ok for a while... then makes very loud sounds, and stops working... if i toggle (or activate) use high latency mode it starts working -for a while... then makes very loud sounds + stops again

I'm apple 10.4.8 intel on a mac pro... using a Traveller MOTU interface......

any ideas?

if i record the altiverb to a track, i can survive, but it is a pain, and scary - as the loud sound is full level - and gonna blow my speakers and my ears... :shock:

any thoughts?

i'm also ProTools on the same mac pro... (but not using it at all when running DP) - FWIIW
HeadMaster
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: latest altiverb and DP 5.12 or 5.13 a problem for me

Post by HeadMaster »

MixerGuyUSA wrote:altiverb works ok for a while... then makes very loud sounds, and stops working... if i toggle (or activate) use high latency mode it starts working -for a while... then makes very loud sounds + stops again

I'm apple 10.4.8 intel on a mac pro... using a Traveller MOTU interface......

any ideas?

if i record the altiverb to a track, i can survive, but it is a pain, and scary - as the loud sound is full level - and gonna blow my speakers and my ears... :shock:

any thoughts?

i'm also ProTools on the same mac pro... (but not using it at all when running DP) - FWIIW
Strange, actually I just bought Altiverb today, and have just finished playing with it, and I haven't had any trouble at all today!

Will come back tomorrow if I run into problems.

Good luck.

. . .
HM
Macbook 2.16
OS-X 10.4.11
DP 5.13

Volentary promotion for free stuff (UB) that you just have to have
Linplug: Alpha Free
Big Tick: Cheeze Machine, Ticky Clav (Apulsoft Mac Ports)
U-HE: Triple Cheese
Lernvall Audio: LAConvolver (IR player)
Yohng: W1 Limiter (L1 "clone")
Sonalksis: FreeG (Advanced Fader/Gain/Meter)
Mr_Clifford

Post by Mr_Clifford »

I've had that a couple of times. Sure gives you a hell of a fright when it happens doesn't it! I was never able to get to the bottom of what caused it. I thought it was maybe something to do with the speed (or lack thereof) of my computer. Hasn't happened for quite a while now though.
DP 9.52 Mac Pro 10.14.6 RME fireface800. Sibelius. Dorico 4
hellcat

Post by hellcat »

It sounds to me like it might be a problem with your RAM. How much do you have on your machine? I'd say you need at least 4 GB RAM when using Altiverb, DP and more, such as plugins.

I use Altiverb on my Mac Intel and haven't had this problem come up. I know it will crash on opening the plug in IF I haven't assigned an out for it first, so be wary of that.

Otherwise, you can talk to Altiverb -- they are very helpful and can probably guide you. Also try MOTU's support, they are pretty helpful as well.

Good luck, and hope you fix it!
airtime

Post by airtime »

How long have you been having this problem? Did you make any changes in your system or prefs that may have provoked it? What's the nature of the loud noises? Digital screed? or just loud reverb? Altiverb has always worked for me in all the versions I've used.

How about the standard routine of repairing permissions and trashing prefs?

Wayne
iMac11,1, 2.66 GHz, 8 GBRAM, OS 10.6.8, DP 7.24, MOTU 828mkII (BLA clock & analog mods), VoiceMaster Platinum, RNP preamps, 4 handmade mic pres, AKG C451E (vintage), AKG 460B, AT 4050, Red/Oktava, sE Z5600A, Shure 545 Unidyne III, Sennheiser MD21s, a few cobbled electret mics, Genelec 1030As, SVS subwoofer and a room that's honest if you're in the sweet spot.
emulatorloo

Re: latest altiverb and DP 5.12 or 5.13 a problem for me

Post by emulatorloo »

MixerGuyUSA wrote:altiverb works ok for a while... then makes very loud sounds, and stops working... if i toggle (or activate) use high latency mode it starts working -for a while... then makes very loud sounds + stops again
Audioease has an incredible user forum. The tech guys monitor it as well. I would try over there === just go to

http://www.audioease.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi

---
Also I want to tell you that their tech support people are top notch. I felt like they went to the ends of the earth for me when I had a problem w a VST and VST WRAPPER. And they are really nice and fun to correspond with as they help.

email support: support@audioease.com

-------