Attention!!!!!!

Moderator: James Steele

csanjay1880
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Attention!!!!!!

Post by csanjay1880 »

Hi 2 all Ethno users.There is an update 4 Ethno {{{{V1.01}}}}.Pls Download.
Warm Regards.
C.Sanjay :D :D :D :D :D :D
MelloProg

Post by MelloProg »

I wish MOTU was telling us what they actually have improved in this update. The ReadMe in the installer lists only a few manual corrections.
meeloo

Post by meeloo »

MelloProg wrote:I wish MOTU was telling us what they actually have improved in this update. The ReadMe in the installer lists only a few manual corrections.
The big thing is UB MAS support...
Asifillyas

gimme a break!

Post by Asifillyas »

There is NO support for PC users. When someone mentions " All Ehtno users" should download the new software version - they should say " all Ethno MAC users" ! -- Because the only update is for OSX!!!!!!

I have been having a hell of a time trying to get ethno to run on my PC - all my other software instruments work fine....and I see now in the forum that there are other PC users having issues....and tech support might as well be Futureshop salesman because all suggestions have gone unsuccessful -- plus they are impossible to get a quick reply from....the phone is ALWAYS busy!!

- frustrated
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: gimme a break!

Post by James Steele »

Asifillyas wrote:There is NO support for PC users. When someone mentions " All Ehtno users" should download the new software version - they should say " all Ethno MAC users" ! -- Because the only update is for OSX!!!!!!

I have been having a hell of a time trying to get ethno to run on my PC - all my other software instruments work fine....and I see now in the forum that there are other PC users having issues....and tech support might as well be Futureshop salesman because all suggestions have gone unsuccessful -- plus they are impossible to get a quick reply from....the phone is ALWAYS busy!!

- frustrated
Not to make it too fine a point, but this board was always intended to be a Macintosh oriented board. I realize there are Windows users that post to the Hardware Forum and in some cases plugs are cross platform, but keep in mind that because MOTU's flagship sequencer, Digital Performer, is Macintosh only, odds are good that this board is one of the few places where as a PC user, you are not in the majority. I don't expect people to mention if it's for OSX, but rather mention if it's for Windows. At some point, I may create a separate Windows forum, but don't treat this place as if it's a Windows oriented board. It's not.

Don't feel too bad. Fry's Electronics didn't eliminate the software section for YOUR computer in favor of selling Playstation games. :-)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Asifillyas

wow!

Post by Asifillyas »

Are you serious -- someone actually got rid of a MAC section in a store! That sux! -- especially that iPods are going to take over the planet!! DOn't get me wrong - I have nothing against MAcs - I think they are fine machines -- I just think that if MOTU are going to sell 300 dollar products to people, they should be a little more knowledgeable of the issues concerning their customers!

Thanks for the reply -- I'll be scouring the forums for help on making this work on my system....I hear it is a great instrument ( using the word "hear" is ironic -- since I haven't heard it on my system yet!! )

:P
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: wow!

Post by James Steele »

Asifillyas wrote:Are you serious -- someone actually got rid of a MAC section in a store! That sux! -- especially that iPods are going to take over the planet!! DOn't get me wrong - I have nothing against MAcs - I think they are fine machines -- I just think that if MOTU are going to sell 300 dollar products to people, they should be a little more knowledgeable of the issues concerning their customers!

Thanks for the reply -- I'll be scouring the forums for help on making this work on my system....I hear it is a great instrument ( using the word "hear" is ironic -- since I haven't heard it on my system yet!! )

:P
No problem. If you're having issues with the PC version of Ethno, maybe someone at MOTU can help you via tech support. Please realize (in case you don't already) that this board is not in any way officially connected to MOTU... we're just hardcore, avid MOTU users. I'm going to some day do an overhaul of the forum structure to make it a little more specialized and may make it easier for everyone by having a forum just for Windows users having issues with MOTU stuff.

Yeah, Fry's had a *token* software section. In reality, Mac users are resigned to being the red-headed step child of the computer world. Most of us by software mail order as it's rare to find current titles in stores, save for offical Apple company stores. So last time I as in Fry's I was searching in vain for the small aisle that used to have Mac software. It was gone, replaced by Playstation games... heck... Christmas is coming... more money to be made that way. Also you mention the success of the iPod. It's great, except the section that used to be Mac computer peripherals got taken over by iPod accessories. I swear... in the ENTIRE Fry's store, Mac accessories are confined to maybe a five foot wide area in one row... that's it. Like I said... Mac users have to buy stuff now at the Apple Store or over the internet.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Asifillyas

cool

Post by Asifillyas »

Yeah -- that is the bane of a nice boutique product -- like those fancy italian cars -- you have to order away for parts.!!

I tried MOTU tech support -- they are unavailable at best -- and for a pro outfit like our studio - where we have serious deadlines, I couldn't get any help from them to solve this problem yet -- and it was intermittent help at that. Unfortunately, I think we're going to have to hire the Turkish percussionist instead of use the sample!!! ( I can't believe I said that!) -- We thought the investment in the software would save us from hiring instrumentalists of these specific genres over and over just for a few short passages -- and have the options from the sample library -- but we have some scoring deadlines and might have to move on-- sucks - because I heard this software is great -- when it works!! :cry:

Cheers!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: cool

Post by James Steele »

Asifillyas wrote:Yeah -- that is the bane of a nice boutique product -- like those fancy italian cars -- you have to order away for parts.!!

I tried MOTU tech support -- they are unavailable at best -- and for a pro outfit like our studio - where we have serious deadlines, I couldn't get any help from them to solve this problem yet -- and it was intermittent help at that. Unfortunately, I think we're going to have to hire the Turkish percussionist instead of use the sample!!! ( I can't believe I said that!) -- We thought the investment in the software would save us from hiring instrumentalists of these specific genres over and over just for a few short passages -- and have the options from the sample library -- but we have some scoring deadlines and might have to move on-- sucks - because I heard this software is great -- when it works!! :cry:

Cheers!
I'm sorry you're having problems. Wish I could help. Have you tried calling MOTU early in the morning East Coast time? I'm not sure when they open up, but I've heard calling early you can get through. PC issues are hard to troubleshoot often times.