Motu 896 and Cuemix monitoring

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
RichC123
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Motu 896 and Cuemix monitoring

Post by RichC123 »

Hey all happy new year!

I've searched the forum and can't seem to find my answer although I know it's in here!

I've just purchased an 896, running it through a pentium 4 using adobe audition 1.5. I've installed the latest drivers and all seems well & good until I want to monitor more than 2 channel inputs at one time! I thought Cuemix was supposed to allow me to do just that (those of you that know Audition also know that it does not support thru put monitoring). I also have a 2408MKII and when I call up Cuemix, I get a neat little mixer that I believe allows me to route any input to the monitor mix.

With the 896, I call up Cuemix and nothing happens - no screen, no routing no nothing. Am I missing something really easy?

Thanks

Rich C

ps - I thinking about purchase an 828 - any thoughts? It'll be mobile and also running Audition - Peace!
crankz1
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by crankz1 »

Is it the original 896 or is it the 896HD?
The original 896 and 828 don't support CueMix. They would need to be the HD or the mkII.
~It all works out in the end~
RichC123
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by RichC123 »

Thanks - that would answer it - it's the original 896. It does have Cuemix, a hardware type, but you can only monitor 1 input or stereo pair at a time. I would assume that I can use the 8 outs and send then to a monitor desk and work that way. Any thoughts?

Rich C