MIDI Hijinx

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
chamelion
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MIDI Hijinx

Post by chamelion »

I'm working on a project where the main VI is Real Guitar, which I've used as my acoustic guitar of choice for more that a year now (and it's excellent). Last night, however, I returned to my computer after a break, only to find the MIDI data transposed up a tone, from A minor to B minor. I fixed it and all was well until I fired the project up again this morning, and it was back in B minor - and yes, I did save. Has anyone else had that kind of thing happen, or is this going to be just another splinter in life's bannister?

Cheers,

Geoff
"Don't worry,
be hoppy!"
studiodog
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by studiodog »

Any chance you accidentally have pitch bend data in the track?
kelldammit
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by kelldammit »

weird. is "disable capo" checked in dp?
;)

<ahem> sorry.
actually, have you scored this piece? could the key sig possibly do this to you? i wouldn't think so, but if no pitch bend, or weird a=(whatever freq B is) tuning thing, it's all i can think of?

kell
Spikey Horse
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Spikey Horse »

When dragging a note up a tone did you accidently have all selected? ...then maybe the phone rang and afterwards you saved and went to bed, or somethig like that....

BTW have you looked in the history - if you have it?
chamelion
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by chamelion »

Thanks for the input guys. No clues so far, but at least it hasn't happened again. Either the gremlins are alive and well and living in Sydney, or I've reached that stage of life where your age overtakes your IQ.

Cheers,

Geoff
"Don't worry,
be hoppy!"