Motu 2408 mk2 standalone word clicks and pops

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
tedsorvino1
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Motu 2408 mk2 standalone word clicks and pops

Post by tedsorvino1 »

Hi everyone. New in here.
I’m using 2 x Motu 2408 mk2 in standalone mode for extra ins and outs. 1 unit is set at adat out and the other at analog in.
My interface is an older Rme Hammerfall Digiface. I use the Rme internal wordclock. I also use Behringer Ada 8000 and Presonus Digimax Fs with success.

But the Motus don’t work well even when they are connected on their own with Motu. The results are better when i’m using the internal Motu clock but still not great. It is better when i’m using the internal clock from toslink. But i want to have good tesults from wordclock.

My connections are like that:
Rme Adat in ——-> to one Motu unit adat out
Rme Adat out——-> to the other Motu unit adat in

75 ohm terminator ——-> Rme wordclock in
Rme wordclock out———> one motu unit wordclock in
That motu unit wordclock out———-> the other motu wordclock in
That other motu wordclock out ———> 75 ohm terminator.

Firstly i would like to kniw if the wordclock works in standalone mode on 2508 mk2. And also if my connection are good. Any other idea.
My cables are tested and the distance is nit that far, about 2 meters between interface and converters. Behringer is at the same distance and the results are fine.

Thanks on advance
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Motu 2408 mk2 standalone word clicks and pops

Post by mikehalloran »

Find the searchable pdf manual.

https://cdn-data.motu.com/manuals/fire ... al_Win.pdf

Search for every instance of “clock” till you find the ones that apply—there will be many—and chase them all down. Also make sure that your sample rates and bit depths match.

Since it’s Windows, you may also have driver conflicts as well as priority issues.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
tedsorvino1

Post by tedsorvino1 »

Thanjs for the reply but the thing is that I own the manual and my units are completely different to the ones you mention.
I' m talking about 2408 mk 2 and not 828 MK2.

I know how to set the correct sample rate and the correct clock source (word) and since I use it in standalone bit depth and drivers are absolutely irrelevant.
Rme is the master, motus the slaves.
But still many clicks occur.
Please read a bit more carefully my post (even if my English is not perfect) if you want to provide some help.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

tedsorvino1 wrote:Please read a bit more carefully my post (even if my English is not perfect) if you want to provide some help.
Or maybe just be grateful someone even *tried* to help since this is a user board and nobody here is *obligated* to help anyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
tedsorvino1

Post by tedsorvino1 »

sometimes people that try without thinking carefully can make big mistakes...
at the end of the day i was not ironic. I just need expertise, even on very old equipment.
Anyways I sorted most things myself
Thanks foir the effort
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Glad you got it sorted out.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!