Custom Consoles Video or Tips or Whatever?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Custom Consoles Video or Tips or Whatever?

Post by JSmith1234567 »

Does anyone know of any videos or guides or tips for DP's Custom Consoles?

Thanks!
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.31, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro, Tanqueray or Bombay Sapphire.
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Custom Consoles Video or Tips or Whatever?

Post by bayswater »

Here’s my tip, partly in jest: unless you have a very specific need that nothing but the consoles will fill, don’t go there. It’s like the Logic Environment page. Best kept hidden from the kids until they’re of drinking age.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
JSmith1234567

Post by JSmith1234567 »

bayswater wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:54 pm Here’s my tip, partly in jest: unless you have a very specific need that nothing but the consoles will fill, don’t go there. It’s like the Logic Environment page. Best kept hidden from the kids until they’re of drinking age.
I agree!

I do get allot of use out of the feature, but I can't figure out how it actually works.

I just keep trying things trial & error until something does what I want it to do.
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.31, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro, Tanqueray or Bombay Sapphire.
60s Pop Man
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by 60s Pop Man »

It would help if you indicated what you want to accomplish, what was tried and worked, and what didn't work.

Are you using software or hardware instruments or both?

DP's MIDI Learn Mode largely supersedes Consoles for parameter manipulation operations. Consoles are still handy if you need to convert one type of MIDI data to another in real time.
M1 Mac mini 1TB/16GB, macOS 13.4.1, DP11.22, audiofront MIDI Expression iO, MOTU M2&M4, UAD Apollo
JSmith1234567

Post by JSmith1234567 »

60s Pop Man wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 8:16 am It would help if you indicated what you want to accomplish, what was tried and worked, and what didn't work.

Are you using software or hardware instruments or both?

DP's MIDI Learn Mode largely supersedes Consoles for parameter manipulation operations. Consoles are still handy if you need to convert one type of MIDI data to another in real time.
Hi thanks.

Mainly I use them to have a small custom mixing board on-screen.

DP does not allow multiple mixing-boards, but I keep some always on-screen for effects-bus returns.