DP 4.6 Sampletank 2 and Sonik Synth 2

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
dualpenetration
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

DP 4.6 Sampletank 2 and Sonik Synth 2

Post by dualpenetration »

G4 1.25, X.3.9, 1.5 GIGz of Ram
Anyone having problems with freeze-ups upon opening Sampletank 2.06
it worked well in DP 4.52?????
gearboy
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by gearboy »

Big Time.

Do a search on the topic. Write IK. I still can't figure it out on my system. I just got Miroslav Philharmonic and I am worried about the same deal. (':x')

Jeff
OS 10.4.11 - G5 Dual 1.8GHz, 3GB RAM / Mac PB G4 1.5GHz, 1.5GB RAM / Apogee Duet / MOTU 828mkii w/BLA Analog & Clock mod / MOTU DP4.61 / Live5.2 / Peak 4 & 5 LE / Izotope Oz3, Sp, Tr / Waves Ren Max / TRacks, Miroslav / NI Komplete 5 / GF impOSCar, MiniMonsta, M-Tron / Automat / Nomad Factory Vintage Studio Bundle / apTrigga / Audio Hijack Pro

My recording blog: http://www.ipressrecord.com
dougieb

Post by dougieb »

What about SonikSynth?
zedboy

Post by zedboy »

I'm running all 3 (SampleTank 2, Sonik Synth, Philharmonik) with no problems.

G5 DP 1.8, DP 4.6, OS 10.4.2, 2 gigs RAM
lex132

Post by lex132 »

Same problem here.
Are you guys having the problem running 4.6 Tiger? I noticed that the one reply saying his works is running tiger.
I've updated ST to 2.0.9 but still doesn't work. Going back to 4.52 doesnt work either after running the 4.6 installer.
After talking with a friend here in town who had the same problem , i believe I must upgrade from panther 10.3x to Tiger 10.4 , then re-install SampleTank.
I'm going to do this today. I'll post my results.
Peace ,

Lex
gearboy

Post by gearboy »

If Tiger is the answer, I'm just too lazy to move everything right now. I have way too much software so I can hold out.

Yess, I am also having problems with Sonic Synth 2 as well. I'll use it and save it in a DP project and then the next time I go to open that project DP will "beachball" for infinity. I actually ran out to the store for groceries, came back 30-45 mins later, and still, beachball.

Jeff
OS 10.4.11 - G5 Dual 1.8GHz, 3GB RAM / Mac PB G4 1.5GHz, 1.5GB RAM / Apogee Duet / MOTU 828mkii w/BLA Analog & Clock mod / MOTU DP4.61 / Live5.2 / Peak 4 & 5 LE / Izotope Oz3, Sp, Tr / Waves Ren Max / TRacks, Miroslav / NI Komplete 5 / GF impOSCar, MiniMonsta, M-Tron / Automat / Nomad Factory Vintage Studio Bundle / apTrigga / Audio Hijack Pro

My recording blog: http://www.ipressrecord.com
dougieb

Post by dougieb »

Wow...

SOMEDAY...

I will upgrade to 4.6 :-) I am just so happy I go down the upgrade treadmill this time. Looks like one of the most annoying upgrades in history :-)

4.5 - and everything works - I'd love to have some of the new features - PatternGate, V-Racks, and the pitch automation - but at what cost? EVERYTHING?

Damn... Wish MOTU, Apple, Waves, IK Multimedia, etc. would get it together.
lex132

Post by lex132 »

Ok Guys here's what I did.
Trashed ST2 component and preferences. Installed Tiger 10.4 . downloaded and installed Sampltank 2.09 from user area. (an update) Note: I had to re-authorize ST , so have your info handy.
Also if you're using motu firewire , download the new drivers from motu.
This fixed everything for me.
Good Luck!
Peace ,

Lex
dougieb

Post by dougieb »

I repent, regress, etc...

Okay, I upgraded to 4.6 today and...

Everything seems to friggin work. I've been bitching about NOTHING essentially.

Okay, both my sampletank and soniksynth both appear to be running fine in 4.6 using Panther 10.3.9.

I hope this isn't a fluke.
Tonio

Post by Tonio »

So , you don't have the flakey pan, volume pots freak out in ST2, SS?

T
qo

Post by qo »

Tonio wrote:So , you don't have the flakey pan, volume pots freak out in ST2, SS?

T
Hi T,

I sent IK an email about this back in June and Jason responded with this:
Hey, yes this happens now, but here is a temp fix. If you close down all the extra DP windows, CPU, consolidation, etc..etc.. and then you can adjust the knobs etc until we can fix the code.
But, after upgrading to DP4.6, and Tiger 10.4.2, I don't see this problem. Though, maybe I upgraded SS/ST somewhere in there as well? Can't remember :oops:
dougieb

Post by dougieb »

Tonio wrote:So , you don't have the flakey pan, volume pots freak out in ST2, SS?

T
YEAH! But I had that BEFORE 4.6 (lol)... Everything pretty much works or doesn't work to the degree it did in 4.5.

Go figure... props to MOTU...
nixon72

Post by nixon72 »

My lengthy and exhaustive research has found LE versions to work but not XL. I have tried all posted "fixes" but no dice on OSX 10.4.2. Had to go back to DP 4.52. And, as stated above, it still failed in 4.52 after installing 4.6. Had to trash DP and ST and SS and re-install it all for a working 4.52 to return.
Dual 2.0, OS 10.4.3, DP4.52, MOTU 828 MKII, IK Plugs, Plugsound, Mach 5, Waves 5.0.