Missing Sound Bites in Mix Mode

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
simontassano
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Missing Sound Bites in Mix Mode

Post by simontassano »

Hi All. DP11. Mac. I open a project. All sound bites in place. This project has several different mixes in mix mode. I change to a different mix. 2 sound bites disappear. I re add them to the project and save. All good. I go to a different mix. They are missing again. I go back to the previous mix - they are now missing there. I close the project and re-open. The sound bites are there. I change to a different mix. Sound bites missing again. Rinse and repeat. So frustrating. I created a new blank project and loaded the previous project in as a new sequence. Exactly the same thing happens. HELP! Any clues folks? Thanks in advance.
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Missing Sound Bites in Mix Mode

Post by labman »

I saw that last week 2x on 11.04. Best to call MOTU. Was easy for me to notice since only 6 tracks in the piece and main piano was gone. Replaced it and gone again after reopening with that new mix.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS12.7.5, DP11.32, all Waves, all SLATE,PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, most all Orchestral Tools, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
simontassano

Post by simontassano »

labman wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:46 am I saw that last week 2x on 11.04. Best to call MOTU. Was easy for me to notice since only 6 tracks in the piece and main piano was gone. Replaced it and gone again after reopening with that new mix.
I’ve started a tech ticket with MOTU. I’ll update with anything useful once they respond.
labman

Post by labman »

this has been confirmed by MOTU. Rec'd this....

Thanks for connecting with us. Based on this information, I have been able to reproduce this behavior in house - it is now logged with our team for investigation. From the looks of it, I suggest trying DP11.03 - I was unable to reproduce the behavior in this build.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS12.7.5, DP11.32, all Waves, all SLATE,PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, most all Orchestral Tools, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Glad to hear they are onto this!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Ombre

Post by Ombre »

labman wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:42 am this has been confirmed by MOTU. Rec'd this....

Thanks for connecting with us. Based on this information, I have been able to reproduce this behavior in house - it is now logged with our team for investigation. From the looks of it, I suggest trying DP11.03 - I was unable to reproduce the behavior in this build.
I confirm this. Version 11.03 works fine but 11.04, in my case, makes all the soundbites to disappear when duplicating a Mix. I just reported that to MOTU as well.