F#2 key not working

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Mina
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

F#2 key not working

Post by Mina »

Hello all!

Beginner DP10 user here and sorry, English is not my mother tongue! :-)

After installing my new DP10 I noticed, that F#2 key of the Roland A-49 didn't work. Others keys work as they should. Tried Korg MicroKEY with DP10 ... exactly the same story - F#2 key is dead.

I tried them with Logic Pro X, Propellerhead Reason ... and everything works!

Are there any ideas?

M.
magicd

Re: F#2 key not working

Post by magicd »

Most likely MIDI Remote Control is enabled.

Go to the Setup menu>Commands. The first listed command is "Master Master". Uncheck this command. Does that fix it?

Dave
Mina

Post by Mina »

Yes, all right now. Big thanks!
darrell

Post by darrell »

I have an occasional problem like that, where the F or F# causes my entire project to reconfigure....not destructively, but chooses a different chunk, rearranges the windows.... I'm going to check the MIDI remote control!

Keyboard is an Axiom 61
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Also check the COMMANDS window and make sure to Mac keys are set to trigger commands. Related, make sure no MIDI messages are set to trigger commands. And NEVER hit cmd-f in DP. Just don't! :rofl:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
yjoh
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by yjoh »

I use the lowest keys on my keyboard to control the transport in DP and I had the same problem when I first got DP8. After much head scratching, I found the culprit.

As MLC has said as well, check out the COMMANDS windows. If you scroll down to "Chunks Selection", where it says MIDI Event, you'll find that F#2 has been assigned to "Sequence 1". If you select the F#2 then delete it, problem solved!

I upgraded to DP10 and the F#2 is still assigned to the chunks selection so it must be on by default. I just have to remember to go there, delete F#2 and save the project or template each time.