move soundbite to start of sequence shortcut

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
jonnicholls
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

move soundbite to start of sequence shortcut

Post by jonnicholls »

Hello all,

Just wondering if there was a shortcut for moving a soundbite to the start of the sequence - I can't seem to find anything either in the manual or online. Just to be clear, I'm not talking about the 'grab'n'fling' movement which throws soundbites back to the end of the previous soundbite, but rather the equivalent of the 'Y' command in PT, which moves a region to the sequence start regardless of what may lie on the timeline further upstream.

I'm in DP9.52 on an 2017 iMac and a 2015 MacBook Pro, both High Sierra.

Many thanks in advance (and apologies if I've missed something obvious!).

Jon
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: move soundbite to start of sequence shortcut

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

THe quickest way I know is to select the soundbite and go to the info at the top of the sequence window and type in your start time (usually 00:00:00.0). Throwing it is faster if there's nothing in the way of it getting thrown.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
dix

Post by dix »

You could copy or cut the soundbite, to get it on the Clipboard, and do "Grow Selection to Start" command, and then paste or merge. The soundbite will be placed at the beginning of the selection (the start of the sequence). Not quite as short as the PT shortcut, but it will work.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
elcappn

Post by elcappn »

The easiest way I can think of to do this is with the Shift command (command+L), then click "To Time or Marker".

Chris

2013 Mac Pro 3.5 6-Core 64GB of RAM, 27" Dell Display x 3, macOS 10.15.7, MOTU 1248, MTP AV, Yamaha S90-es, Dave Smith Prophet 12, OB-6 & Arturia Matrix Brute, DP 10.11, Dorico Pro 2, VEP7, All Oxford plugs, PSP, Pro-Q 3, Kontakt, SoundToys, Softube, Exponential Audio Phoenix Verb, R2, Nimbus & R4, LASS+LS, WIVI Brass+Winds, VSL Harps, Falcon, CineSamples, Spitfire, Output, Heavyocity, Scuffham.
jonnicholls

Post by jonnicholls »

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

all best, Jon
CharlzS
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by CharlzS »

elcappn wrote:The easiest way I can think of to do this is with the Shift command (command+L), then click "To Time or Marker".

And once you set set/select Sequence Start marker, it sticks until you exit DP. So command-L + Enter thereafter.
DP 11.32 PT 2024.3 VEP 7.x with various VIs
NI Komplete Audio 6 on HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win11
MOTU 828es ADA8200 MTP-AV on HP Z2 G4 Xeon Workstation Win11
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1