Clear MIDI Controller problems

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
raromatix
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Clear MIDI Controller problems

Post by raromatix »

In the previous versions of DP the ”Clear MIDI Controller” was of a great help. Unfortunally this excellent asset does not work anymore. A bug? ..or do MOTU skip that function for some obscure reason? I tested all my controllers such as Korg nanoKontrol (Bluetooth), several MIDI keyboards, and hardware synths. I find this function very useful…(Attaching controllers: no problem!)
Anyone who knows something about this matter?
Mac Pro 2013 Sierra 10.12.6 32 GB RAM DP 10.1
mesayre
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Clear MIDI Controller problems

Post by mesayre »

If you are referring to the mixing board's attach MIDI controller function (and its "Clear" counterpart), I have also had some trouble with this, but not consistently. I haven't detected a pattern. When it works, it's great. But it's annoying enough when it doesn't that I frequently don't bother trying.

Please report it to MOTU when you have a chance. It'd be good for them to know it affects multiple users.
DP 10 - Win 10 - Ultralite AVB
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

raromatix wrote:In the previous versions of DP the ”Clear MIDI Controller” was of a great help. Unfortunally this excellent asset does not work anymore. A bug? ..or do MOTU skip that function for some obscure reason? I tested all my controllers such as Korg nanoKontrol (Bluetooth), several MIDI keyboards, and hardware synths. I find this function very useful…(Attaching controllers: no problem!)
Anyone who knows something about this matter?
Mac Pro 2013 Sierra 10.12.6 32 GB RAM DP 10.1
A viable alternative is to use the View Filter.
You can also save your custom settings, so it’s really quick.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
raromatix

Post by raromatix »

Thanxalot for Your contributions..but the problem is still there. In fact the ”Clear MIDI Controller” is even greyed out in the drop down menu! Applying the controller gave me as usual no problems - but clearing was, and is impossible. I was in the process of applying a mighty crescendo to an Aux fader using a controller - a procedure I have done successfully several times over the years using previous versions of DP. I later tried out the same project in DP 9.12 (after saving as a DP7-9-project) and the ”clearing” worked as usual seamlessly and impeccable. I think therefore the problem is solely a DP10-problem..at least on my system.