finally a forum for posties

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
pastiche27
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

finally a forum for posties

Post by pastiche27 »

very welcomed ...
ubbotheroom

Re: finally a forum for posties

Post by ubbotheroom »

I've been on a yahoo list called Mac Audio Post for a while but there's not been much traffic there.
Barry Wood
The Other Room - Audio Engineering & Web Development www.otheroom.com
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Hey Barry! I'm sorry that the site has been down so long. I had so much going on for a while after the hosting service bit the dust and took everything with it. Lots of stuff on my plate in my personal life including two moves, remodeling, the band, my real business that pays the bills, that it took a while to get this site going again. I'm hoping it will be back up to full strength before long. We have over 500 members on the 3rd day that it's back up.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Tonio

Post by Tonio »

Hey Barry, good to see you here!! I loathe Yahoo, so I don't lurk MOTU MAC much anymore.

Tony

<small>[ October 19, 2004, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: Tonio ]</small>
Mac Studio MAX 2TB/ 64GB RAM / DP11.2 / 828ES//
MP 5.1 3.33- 3 duo / OS10.14.6 / RX580 /DP10.13/828ES
ubbotheroom

Post by ubbotheroom »

I actually like the email list approach myself. Partly because I don't have to remember to go check it, the messages just show up. I find that I get busy and forget about the forums.
Barry Wood
The Other Room - Audio Engineering & Web Development www.otheroom.com
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Originally posted by otheroom:
I actually like the email list approach myself. Partly because I don't have to remember to go check it, the messages just show up. I find that I get busy and forget about the forums.
I hear you, Barry. I think actually the most convenient way is to get the email list as a digest in plain text format. It's easy and quick to scan. I wouldn't want to view the list using the Yahoo web interface. You can, but that seems to be trying to make an email list into something it's not.

On good thing about this board though, is that you have an option when you create a new topic-- let's say a question you need answered-- to be notifed by email when someone replies to your post. That way you don't have to keep checking the board to see if you got an answer.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!