DP 8 HAS BEEN RELEASED

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rikp
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 8 HAS BEEN RELEASED

Post by rikp »

Check the website!!!
http://www.coffeecupmusic.com
Mac Pro 8 Core 22 Gig RAM, 2 Hackintoshes, DP 8, ProTools 11, Logic X, Waves, Kontakt, Vienna Strings, EWQL Platinum, GPO, BFD, Omnishphere, Stylus RMX, Trilogy, Altiverb, DrumCore, EZ Drummer, LASS, HollyWoodwinds, and too much money spent on VI libraries.
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: DP 8 HAS BEEN RELEASED

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Cool! Hadn't heard...

j/k
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
haim

Post by haim »

Is there any news about audio engine ? 64bit resolution or again 32 bit ?
People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel !
Sergievsky

Post by Sergievsky »

Thanks, placed my upgrade order! I haven't been this excited getting a software in quite awhile. :woohoo:
Raul
iMac Pro 3GHZ 10-core, 128GB RAM, 2TB hd, Big Sur
motu 8pre-es
MIDI Life Crisis

Check around guys, there are quite a few threads on the DP8 release posted here and on some other sites.

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 26&t=51041

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 26&t=51083

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 26&t=51079

Let the games begin!

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
jbyerly1

Post by jbyerly1 »

VST & Rewire support, 64bit, Control Panel change.

Anyone see something that made them go wow
Mac Pro 4,1, OS 10.9.5, 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 32 GB 1066 MHz, DP 8.07, Apogee Ensemble, UA SOLO 610, Euphonix MC Control & MC mix, JBL Monitors, Ocean Way Drums Gold, Komplete 7, Waves Classic Studio Bundle,Stylus RMX, iZotope RX,1TB glyph Drive, Carvin 6 string Bass
http://www.HorizonEntertainment-NC.com
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

jbyerly1 wrote:VST & Rewire support, 64bit, Control Panel change.

Umm, yeah. Seeing someone ask that question. Wow indeed.

I suggest strongly you go to MOTU's website and read about ALL of the
features, new plug-ins, and the tech specs, and see if you still feel
there is nothing "wow" about DP8.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

yeah,your post.

lol

WOW!!!!

;-)
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
Babz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Babz »

Worth the wait! Check out that new Dynamic EQ (w/ Magic Dave video)! I'm pretty sure that was not previously announced. And finally a smaller control panel option! Major woohoo! Had to post that immediately. Now back to checking out the rest of the new features ...

Babz
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

I appreciate well the plug-ins and preset's new management.
I think the Space Maximizer Plug-in was not planned well.

In Europe, we must be a little more patient because this never happens immediately for updates.
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
jbyerly1

Post by jbyerly1 »

David Polich wrote:

Umm, yeah. Seeing someone ask that question. Wow indeed.

I suggest strongly you go to MOTU's website and read about ALL of the
features, new plug-ins, and the tech specs, and see if you still feel
there is nothing "wow" about DP8.
jbyerly1

I apologize if I seemed to be critical. I was most definitely not trying to be. I am a homer and have been since Performer 5.5 .

I saw many post for the last months saying that this or that needs to be updated. Especially for me the VST support came as a surprise for Mac OS. I really like the idea of the new control panel manipulation.

I was trying to find out what caught others "off guard". Obviously we need it in our studios to really check it out but I was curious after going through every page on the website if anything stuck out as really cool to someone else
Mac Pro 4,1, OS 10.9.5, 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 32 GB 1066 MHz, DP 8.07, Apogee Ensemble, UA SOLO 610, Euphonix MC Control & MC mix, JBL Monitors, Ocean Way Drums Gold, Komplete 7, Waves Classic Studio Bundle,Stylus RMX, iZotope RX,1TB glyph Drive, Carvin 6 string Bass
http://www.HorizonEntertainment-NC.com
MIDI Life Crisis

jbyerly1 wrote:
I apologize if I seemed to be critical. I was most definitely not trying to be.
No need to apologize. I read your comment exactly as intended. And while it tends to be unpopular and often labeled exhausting, cynical, negative, snarky, pessimistic, and all sorts of other negatives, criticism is... well, critical in any complete evaluation - whether it be in your own work & life, a car your buying, a collaborator you're considering, or just a DAW you're considering.

Positive reinforcement is also important when dealing with other humans and their feelings, but when it comes to buying a product or a corporation offering, feelings should not enter into it.

In such cases, the criticism can and should be brutal. I would (and do) apply that to my own work and oerformance every day. Hasn't scratched yet, bon ami!

We now return to our regularly scheduled topic. ;)
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
nick danger

Post by nick danger »

I purchased DP 7 a couple of months ago, and am supposed to receive a free update to DP 8. But when I went to my registrations, it said upgrading to DP 8 would cost $195.

Does anybody know how to go about getting the free update from MOTU? Or should I just wait till MOTU contacts me?
iMac 2.66 GHz Intel core 2 duo, 8 gb ram running 10.11.6; 17" Macbook Pro 8,3, 2.5 GHz Core I7, 16 GB ram running 10.13.6; DP 8.07; 8pre-es; 828mkII; 828mkI; microbook II, Behringer ADA8000, Black Lion Auteur 2-Ch. Pre-Amp
MIDI Life Crisis

You need to call them!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
nick danger

Post by nick danger »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:You need to call them!
I just emailed them (at sales,) and got a message from Magic Dave himself that I'd be put on the upgrade list.

Thanks Dave!!!
iMac 2.66 GHz Intel core 2 duo, 8 gb ram running 10.11.6; 17" Macbook Pro 8,3, 2.5 GHz Core I7, 16 GB ram running 10.13.6; DP 8.07; 8pre-es; 828mkII; 828mkI; microbook II, Behringer ADA8000, Black Lion Auteur 2-Ch. Pre-Amp