Kybd arrow keys not advancing frame in QT window

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
pencilina
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Kybd arrow keys not advancing frame in QT window

Post by pencilina »

Hi All,

To step a frame forward or back in the transport I usually click on the Quicktime window and press the arrow keys but for some reason its not working. Instead I have to click on the arrows at the bottom left of the QT window. Also strangely clicking on the quicktime window doesn't de-select whatever selection I had in the edit windows- so I end up nudging whatever I had selected. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?

Thanks a lot,

B
Latest DP, Gigabyte Designaire z390 i9 Hackintosh 32G Ram, Lucid ADA88192, RME FF800 and FF802 on M1 MPB, Ventura, and a Pencilina
pencilina

Re: Kybd arrow keys not advancing frame in QT window

Post by pencilina »

Never mind.... I just figured it out. When "movie floats on top" is selected the arrow keys don't work to shuffle.
Latest DP, Gigabyte Designaire z390 i9 Hackintosh 32G Ram, Lucid ADA88192, RME FF800 and FF802 on M1 MPB, Ventura, and a Pencilina
sprout

Re: Kybd arrow keys not advancing frame in QT window

Post by sprout »

Thanks Pencilina,
and thanks MOTUnation,
you just saved me
several hours of frustration.
MacBook Pro 15" 2.4GHz 4GB RAM 0SX10.6.8
UltraLite, DP7.24, Ableton Live 8 Suite, Reason 4, Komplete 5, UC-33e, Oxygen49, Motif 6.