macguy

Check out this native EMT 250

Post by macguy »

http://emptyroomsystems.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stephentayler
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Check out this native EMT 250

Post by stephentayler »

Oh and they have a Roland Dimension D too!! Must check that out...

Stephen
Stephen W Tayler: Sound Artist
http://www.chimera-arts.com
http://ostinatomusic.com
http://stephentayler.com

Mac Pro 16Gb RAM, OSX 10.10, DP 8, PT 11, Logic 9.1.8, MOTU Traveler, Ultralite Mk 3 Hybrid, MC MIx, MOTU VIs, Waves, Izotope Everything, Spectrasonics, SoundToys, Slate, Softube, NI , spl Surround Monitor Controller, spl Auditor Headphone amp, Genelec 1031A, 1029 5.1 system, Sontronics Mics, iPad etc..
macguy

Post by macguy »

They sound good... alternatives to UAD. I still think UA would sell even better going native. It's progress, and it's the way things look like they are going. In the day, the CPU's weren't fast enough to do it all... now they are, and there's better stability going all native. My UAD2 Quad get's hung up at times and I never had a crash report of an AU plug yet (knock on wood) so go figure... yes, I have but a simple update fixed the issue.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I dunno, I've never had a UAD-2 plug (I have a Duo) crash my system, ever. Also, if they go AU, they no longer make money on the hardware and their down in he muck competing on price with all the other AU plug developers. They also lose one of the best dongles in the biz that's kept their plug in prices almost immune from the massive price wars we've witnesses. Maybe if they're forced to if Apple eliminates slots from their machines someday, they could go to iLok2.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
rickorick

Post by rickorick »

I didn't like the reverb samples.
ProVerb sounds better to my ears.
Used 2012 Mac Pro 3.33 6 Core 16g ram 10.8.5 DP 7.24
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

James Steele wrote:I dunno, I've never had a UAD-2 plug (I have a Duo) crash my system, ever. Also, if they go AU, they no longer make money on the hardware and their down in he muck competing on price with all the other AU plug developers. They also lose one of the best dongles in the biz that's kept their plug in prices almost immune from the massive price wars we've witnesses. Maybe if they're forced to if Apple eliminates slots from their machines someday, they could go to iLok2.
+1 agree

Long time UAD user, never had a crash.
Quad2 on current setup, UAD1 x 3 on my old G5 rig.
Best sounding plugs IMO
Great service+ support
and I agree going without the dongle would probably be counterproductive for them.In this case the risks would certainly exceed the benefits, with potential piracy as well as being able to create their own unique niche in the plugin market with all of us happy captive UAD users ;)
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
macguy

Post by macguy »

I posted that on purpose... such conjecture here.

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

macguy wrote:I posted that on purpose... such conjecture here.
Excuse me? Explain. All I'm saying is I've never had a crash as a result of a UAD-1 or UAD-2 plug spanning my G5 days and my current Intel system. Do you have a problem with the responses in this thread? If so, try communicating them in writing instead of graphics.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
macguy

Post by macguy »

Just practicing some of those "good ol' boys" MN forum tactics...
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

macguy wrote:Just practicing some of those "good ol' boys" MN forum tactics...
You know what, man. I'm not dealing with this passive aggressive s***! Knock it off, or go away from this forum. Feel me?

macguy

Post by macguy »

Others do it:
http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... is#p412395" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I see no issue with having fun! It's all in fun, right? RIGHT!
I like to joke around, so I use pictures... "a picture paints a thousand words" so...
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

So goodbye. Don't have time for this. There... fresh meat for GearSlutz. :roll:

Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

His speed-shop mentality and hardcore belief that anything that pops into his head must be gospel will fit in much better over there.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Looks like "macguy" may be back in the form of "DP4Life."

MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Just can't quit you James Steele... and that is a testament to this site!!

:woohoo:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS