DP has trouble recognizing .dv file. HELP

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
berlinpigeon
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP has trouble recognizing .dv file. HELP

Post by berlinpigeon »

My DP has trouble recognizing the Quicktime .dv file. When I export it as a movie file (by the way it becomes, twice the size), I can import it, but the size of the picture/movie changes. I never had this before, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Christian
berlinpigeon

Re: DP has trouble recognizing .dv file. HELP

Post by berlinpigeon »

I actually mean that it is changing the dimensions, when I import. Thanks!
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Sorry if this is too obvious, but do you mean the actual size of the window changes?

If so, you can control the display size within the QT window mini-menu to whatever you want.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
berlinpigeon

Post by berlinpigeon »

haha...nothing can be too obvious when in comes to audio post. I actually mean, that it changes from 16:9 to 4:3 (roughly) when I import it into Digital Performer . Never happened to me before.

Thanks for your reply!

C
stephentayler

Post by stephentayler »

I get that too, but that is only an issue if viewed on the Mac. Using a .dv file is fine to output through firewire to a display, where you should be able to set the aspect to widescreen.

If you are only viewing on the Mac, you don't need to have such a large .dv file.

Cheers

Stephen
Stephen W Tayler: Sound Artist
http://www.chimera-arts.com
http://ostinatomusic.com
http://stephentayler.com

Mac Pro 16Gb RAM, OSX 10.10, DP 8, PT 11, Logic 9.1.8, MOTU Traveler, Ultralite Mk 3 Hybrid, MC MIx, MOTU VIs, Waves, Izotope Everything, Spectrasonics, SoundToys, Slate, Softube, NI , spl Surround Monitor Controller, spl Auditor Headphone amp, Genelec 1031A, 1029 5.1 system, Sontronics Mics, iPad etc..
berlinpigeon

Post by berlinpigeon »

Thank you Stephen! Since I don't have a firewire device output, I will request a different codec for the final cut (which I will receive next week). Then it should work all fine.

Cheers!

C