Problem managing file size project when doing a movie

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
ironchef_marc
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Problem managing file size project when doing a movie

Post by ironchef_marc »

I like to use a different DP project for each cue.
I create a template with spotting notes and markers for the whole movie. I set up each of my cues by loading my template changing the chunk start time for the cue, once I figure out my starting tempo I copy the movie audio to the sequence, duplicate it and using trim on both tracks to separate dialog and temp music. Then I trim the movie audio to keep just what I need for the cue and delete the rest. I remove unusued audio from the soundbite window. Then I save as with duplicate audio.

Somehow that project still manages to be almost 5 gigs in size and I can't figure out why. Even if I flush the history it does not change anything. The movie audio file is still in the audio folder although it's not used. So why is it still there? Any better way of handling this?
New Rig |MAC Studio | OS12.6 | 64GB RAM | Storage | miniStack STX 18TB, (14TB HDD, 4TB SSD) | Crucial X8 4TB SSD |
Softwares | DP 11.22 | VEPRO7 | Audio Interface | M4 |
--
old rig | MAC Pro 2 X 2.26 GHz, 8-Core | 10.11.6 | 32 GB RAM | DP9.52 | 2408mk3 | MTP AV