East West 3 pack 2 day sale

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
towerproductions
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

East West 3 pack 2 day sale

Post by towerproductions »

Here's a heads up for anyone interested in some sample libraries for DP.
Just when I thought their holiday 2 for 1 sale couldn't get much better East West came out with this 3 pack for $495 for 2 days only. Great deal on some great libraries.

http://www.soundsonline.com/product.php ... 2c0bc2a687
DP11.1, Mac Pro 3.33 / 12-core, 96GB RAM, Mac OS 10.14.6
2 MOTU 2408 mk3s Black Lion mod, , UA Apollo Quad, UAD 2 Octo PCIe,
a bunch of EW Play,Opus, Spitfire, Sine,UVI, Kontakt Komplete Ultimate, VE Pro 7, Falcon, DSP Quattro, AmpliTube 5,and way too many others.
FutureLegends

Re: East West 3 pack 2 day sale

Post by FutureLegends »

Thanks for the tip!
Damn it's a sweet deal. I have Gypsy and been looking at the Symphonic Choirs... Now would have been a good time... except my economy suck haha.

Anyone have any experience with the Symphonic Choir with DP?

cheers

/DZ
Hackintosh 6-Core 3.7ghz/32gb ram, macOS Mojave
Hardware: Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, Apollo Twin mkII, MOTU 828mk3 & Original 828 | UA LA-610 | Vanguard V13 Tube Mic | MindPrint En-Voice | Genelec M040AM | Gretsch Guitars & Drums
Software: DP8 | FCPX | Logic Pro X | Play
| EWQL Gypsy, Choirs, Orchestra Gold, VoP | EZDrummer w/ Twizted Kit | Action Strings
towerproductions

The choirs sound great and I've used them quite a bit with DP 6. The word builder I haven't used much and is a bit clunky as a separate plugin but does works . They are supposed to be doing an update soon and building it directly into the Choirs Play interface which hopefully should streamline it a bit.

Craig
a bunch of EW Play,Opus, Spitfire, Sine,UVI, Kontakt Komplete Ultimate, VE Pro 7, Falcon, DSP Quattro, AmpliTube 5,and way too many others.
FutureLegends

Post by FutureLegends »

Thanks.

Hmm. Decisions decisions...
I was finally gonna upgrade to DP7. But can't afford to do both right now. Why do they only have a 2 day offer? ;-)
Hardware: Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, Apollo Twin mkII, MOTU 828mk3 & Original 828 | UA LA-610 | Vanguard V13 Tube Mic | MindPrint En-Voice | Genelec M040AM | Gretsch Guitars & Drums
| EWQL Gypsy, Choirs, Orchestra Gold, VoP | EZDrummer w/ Twizted Kit | Action Strings
williemyers

Post by williemyers »

careful of the "fine print" on this deal.
The offer headlines "3 Products $495! Select your own East/West Quantum Leap Virtual Instruments".
Seems pretty simple, *but* the $495 price is for 3 products that *THEY* select, i.e. Orchestra Gold, Choirs, Pianos Gold.
If you customize the selections, the package price will go up or down.
In the fine print, it says "changing any product may result in a price change", so they've covered themselves (legally), but I've got to say that the wording of the offer - - "3 Products $495! Select your own East/West Quantum Leap Virtual Instruments" - - is borderline deceptive.
Caveat Emptor...
DP 9.52(OS 10.13.6), PTools 11.3.3, Sibelius 2021.12,
MacPro 5,1 mid-2010, 2 x 2.93Ghz 12 core, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 64 Gig RAM, 4 x >120G SSDs, 2 x 25" LCDs
couple o' hardware synths, loadza legal libraries
Kurz Midiboard, MOTU MTP AV

https://vimeo.com/71580152

"I always wanted to be a composer - and I am..."
"I never wanted to be a recording engineer - and I'm not..."

~me
FutureLegends

Post by FutureLegends »

Well, but in the lists where you choose which products you want it says clearly the change in price and some even reduce the price. So that's not much of a problem... The alternatives I looked at would end up at $475 or $512...
dave pine

Post by dave pine »

my 3 are going to cost me $512, a bad time for me after just spewing $$$$$$ for a mac pro.....
mac pro 2.26 octacore 24gigs of ram/ El Capitan10.11, dp 10, mackie dxb, 3-2408mk3, waves mercury 10, ozone 3&4&5678, sound toys, izotope rx, melodyne editor, uad 2, bluetubes, 22" polkadotted dildo, omnishpere 2, trigger 2 deluxe, addictive drums, komplete 9, e/w ql symphonic orq platinum, ql choirs, ql stormdrum 2, ql gypsy, ql ra, ql goliath, ql pianos, superior drummer 3, ez drummer 2, garritan bigband, amg kickass brass, ztar, wife, dogs, droped my protools rig at the city dump
towerproductions

FutureLegends wrote:Thanks.

Hmm. Decisions decisions...
I was finally gonna upgrade to DP7. But can't afford to do both right now. Why do they only have a 2 day offer? ;-)

I guess only 2 days since it's the best offer I've seen from them in this price range and they want those impulse buys. They have 2 for 1 offers periodically and there is one going on now until Dec.31. Also there is the complete composer edition 7 products but that's twice as much.

I know I feel like a drug addict wanting a fix sometimes when these offers come up and it's usually at times when I'm a little strapped for funds. ( like Xmas )
wurliuchi
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by wurliuchi »

I had ordered EWQLSO Platinum and Pianos with the 40% off deal. I canceled that order and now have ordered EWQLSO Platinum and Pianos and added SD2 and got it for around $200 less than the first order. Wow! I'm thrilled to no end. Great, great, GREAT DEAL!!! Thank you, towerproductions!!!
DP 6.03 • MacPro 2x3 Ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon • 9 GB RAM • 10.5.7 • Prayers
towerproductions

wurliuchi wrote:I had ordered EWQLSO Platinum and Pianos with the 40% off deal. I canceled that order and now have ordered EWQLSO Platinum and Pianos and added SD2 and got it for around $200 less than the first order. Wow! I'm thrilled to no end. Great, great, GREAT DEAL!!! Thank you, towerproductions!!!
No problem. Glad you could still cancel your order and take advantage of this. I wish I could, but I already have most of their products of which which I paid a lot more for . But that's the advantage of waiting for these year end sales.

Craig
FutureLegends

Post by FutureLegends »

Logged in with my account and looked at the page for European customers but couldn't find any reference to that deal there... Wonder if it's only for American customers? Or maybe I just missed it... hmm...
wurliuchi
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by wurliuchi »

FutureLegends wrote:Logged in with my account and looked at the page for European customers but couldn't find any reference to that deal there... Wonder if it's only for American customers? Or maybe I just missed it... hmm...
Don't know exactly where you are, but, if it works, this is a link to the Holiday 3-pack for European customers.
http://www.soundsonline-europe.com/pro ... dde359ccd
DP 6.03 • MacPro 2x3 Ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon • 9 GB RAM • 10.5.7 • Prayers
FutureLegends

Post by FutureLegends »

Thanks!
I'm in sweden. Looks like they ship from Germany in Europe so they add 19% VAT. I'm in Sweden. Some companies (like NI) let you order without VAT if your a VAT-registered company ordering from outside Germany. But not EastWest :-(
Becomes $70 more expensive to order from the European site. Maybe it's possible to order to Europe from the american EW site. Anyone tried it? But then again I might get hit with custom tax making it even more expensive. Gah!

EDIT: there is a way to order with VAT exemption but it includes mailing them first so they can check it somehow. Hope they can do it before the offer runs out!
AllanKane

Post by AllanKane »

towerproductions wrote:The choirs sound great and I've used them quite a bit with DP 6. The word builder I haven't used much and is a bit clunky as a separate plugin but does works . They are supposed to be doing an update soon and building it directly into the Choirs Play interface which hopefully should streamline it a bit.

Craig
I've got the choirs working in wordbuilder for the full multi SATB. Proverb crashes the system
but with everb its ok. It's really quite amazing. I multi-record 24 voices at one time, except
moving voices quickly causes a glitch. For example, 16th notes won't read well at 116bpm.
But as as a single voice it does work so its a cpu related problem. For medium tempos, you can play in the SATB parts and its sounds awsome. Tech support at East West is fantastic - MOTU support is really bad.

2.66 Quad Core 10 gigs Ram Os 10.5.8 DP5.13 DP 6.3
FutureLegends

Post by FutureLegends »

Just got my VAT exemption cleares, they're fast at EW!
Now the standard deal is €368 including shipping.
I know I want the Symphonic Choir. But what else to get? Symphonic Orchestra (Gold)? And third? I have EWQL Gypsy and Komplete 5 and MachFive 2.
Is Goliath any good?